We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

We have used Dollar many times at other locations; I have a Dollar Express card. I booked reservations for a Mid Sized SUV (Jeep Liberty or similar) about 4 months ago for our 7/27/08 arrival. We get to the

desk; of course he doesn't have a Liberty available, he's but tells us he's assigning us a CHRYSLER Patriot (I'm already thinking something sounds wrong here) and tells us how it's a much nicer vehicle than a Liberty. We go to the garage...looks much smaller than what we were expecting...everything is manual (windows/locks/etc)...we go back and tell him this is unacceptable, and in no way compares with a Liberty, despite what Dollar may think. He manages to find a Liberty, and gets someone to drive it over from the return center (took about 10 minutes). He then offers us a deal of $50 for gas (said it was $3.74 a gallon; didn't do the calculations) and we could return the car empty with this deal. We agree. I had to leave Orlando 2 days early, as my Dad was hospitalized while we were gone. DH returns the car when scheduled, and doesn't LOOK at the bill he's given; just pays it. Somehow, $50 became $70. I will be calling them to straighten out what they billed us for, but I am extremely disappointed, as we have always had great service and no trouble with Dollar in the past.

Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

Sorry and your point is?...always check bills before paying?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

this happens all the time, once I checked out of a hotel and there were an extra $150 in charges on the bill... I disputed and they took it all off right away.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

My point is that Dollar has gone down hill, IMHO. I would think twice about booking them. I didn't even mention the problems my sister had with them-she got into Orlando 2 hours later than us. What, are you a Dollar employee?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

I think the point is that all US car hire companies are doing this now (haven't experienced it is Europe yet where petrol IS expensive). You have to return car with empty tank so they can charge you for expensive fuel.

Doesn't matter tif you return it full, they will still bill you for the full tank as that is in their t&c's now.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

Now even more unhappy-they won't discuss the issue with me because the Dollar Express card is in DH's name,so,of course, the reservation was in his name. He will have to call after work this evening. I am not normally a complainer-I travel often, and have learned to expect the unexpected, and to roll with the punches. But it is hard to take poor service from a company that has always lived up to a great standard in prior experiences.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

There's signs at rental car desks or the gates when you check out of the rental area if you go directly to pick up your car giving customer's the details and price per gallon of paying for a tank of gas up front and that it must be returned empty or you forfeit the price of the gas still in the tank. We never choose that option as their price has only been lower than the local area gas stations twice.

When you book a car they never promise a specific model but say it can be similar. Chrysler and Jeep are the same company so you shouldn't find that strange. If they found you the model you wanted and it only took them 10 minutes to get it to you, I think that's pretty good service. It seems the only valid complaint is the $20 overcharge and as mistakes can happen we always check our bills before paying. Sometimes we're overcharged for things and sometimes undercharged.

I don't work for Dollar and don't normally even use them but have traveled quite a bit. Seems to be just a small problem and if that's the worst that's ever happened to you, how lucky you are!

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

Noticed also that Dollor MCO attempts to sell you everything under the sun. Upgrades, insurance, GPS, gas deals, etc. Some agents REALLY won't take "no thanks" for an answer. Perhaps they use to be timeshare sales reps.

At any rate....you have to have an attitude yourself...and let them know good and early that you are not going to fork over additional money for something less than what you are expecting.

Use to be they would offer to upgrade your reservation as a geture of good will....but what with the competitive nature within the entire travel industry...those days are over.

They are becoming just another tourist trap by finding ways to cause/add to confusion....which may result in you parting with additional money.

uk
Level Contributor
216 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

we fly over on 28th aug and have booked the same car, i hope they have one when we arrive, a 9 hour flight and no car I will be very unhappy

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

disney,

If they don't happen to have the car you want at the time you arrive, I don't know of any place that won't let you exchange for it when one becomes available. Of course they only have so many of a certain model and it depends how many people before you want the same thing. The down side to exchanging is having to make another trip to the airport.

Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Very unhappy with Dollar Rental at Airport

Nope not an employee of Dollar, just wondered where your post was going, I was expecting you to say all was cleared up in the end etc. WE all know hire companies will try anything to get you to part with your cash and as you said they got the car that you had hoped for within 10mins so not bad going, and you must allways check your invoices, anyone who doesn't, shouldn't really be dealing with them..