We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Topic
Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

I am pretty much packed up and ready to go.

I have Universal Tickets for a week and 7 day MYW tickets. I want to visit Blue Springs and Wekiva and spend lots of days by the pool at the villa.

Any last minute things you think I may have forgotten or any out of the ordinary places I should visit that I may not have thought of.

Or out of the way places to eat.

Also any last minute tips would be much appreciated.

Please bear in mind that there are 5 of us. 2 teenage girls and a 9 yr old boy.

As for meals we are very easy to please and I am a vegetarian who eats fish and meat.

Orlando
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

A vegetarian who eats fish and meat?

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Back to School sales are ON and there are good 10%discounts on top of some good offers. Remember to download the vouchers from the outlets. It will be worth your while bothering.

Eat before you get into Blue Springs and don't look down into the water from the top of the hill ... please.

Get the floats at Walmart before you set out.

Pump up your batteries before you leave and make sure you have got the right connections for your handheld.

Have a good time jenni. The good thing is that you have Derbyshire to look forward to when you get back!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Thank you Vegas. Great tips as ever.

And thanks for reminding me of all I have to come home to!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Just don't forget to unplug the iron and the coffee maker before you leave home. Oh the times we've backed the car up the drive to recheck, just to make sure they're off.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

The main thing to remember is to have a great time. Remember to go to Sweet Tomatoes and don`t stress too much about having a TA bag instead of the other one you didn`t know where to buy.

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Make a list and check it twice!!! Remember the passports - we were almost at the US border before we remembered the last time (only an hours drive but a hassle nonetheless!)

As well, you might want to check out the hayrides at Fort Wilderness at WDW - they're only $8.00 per adult and we're going to try it when we go in December.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Jenni,

Have you checked to see if your luggage exceeds the weight limit? I'm sure with all of your designer shoes and apparel you may be in danger of paying additional costs.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Passports in hand when leaving the house. Remember, you need the others to carry things.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

If you have an east facing pool in the villa, consider pool heating as it might get chilly with no sun on it.

You can buy Wacky Noodles at Walmart.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Going at the Weekend- Things I may have overlooked.

Hope you have a fantastic time. Vegas wont be the same without you! (Hopefully he'll be quiet). Lol.

Safe Journey

Caz Essex X