We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dont like rides at all

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wiltshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
dont like rides at all

i dont like any sort of ride at all is it still worth going to orlando what else is there to do

would you spend all that money not to go on any rides ?

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dont like rides at all

It depends on what you like to do on vacation, and what all the people in your party like to do. There is plenty to do and see at The Magic Kingdom and Epcot that do not require riding rides. Also, Sea World is great for people who don't like to ride. If you're traveling with other people who do not like to ride either, then maybe you should consider staying at one of the beaches and just making a day trip to a park. :o)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dont like rides at all

its not all about the rides...it's the experience...so yes i probably would....

What don't you like about them...have you had a bad experience?

For what its worth before i first went to orlando i had never been on a rollercoaster, simulator...basically anything (apart from twister at the fair :) )....i was petrified of everything....there was no reason for me not to like them because i'd never been on anything....i think it was because my parents never liked them so they would never give me the chance the try them because i couldn't go on my own...however i did have a bad experience when i was little on ghost train...you will not to this day get me on a ghost train (one ride that did freak me out though was the mummy but its not really a ghost train)...

Now theres no stopping me....i'm still like 'OMG i'm scared....what does this ride do....does it go upside down etc etc'...i'm not scared i'm just a little wary of the whats going to happen next......

wiltshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dont like rides at all

hi kirsty thanks for the reply im just petrified of any height and anything that spins around makes me sick so not a good cobination to have i guess

so i dont go on any rides because odf the height thing

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dont like rides at all

I can't do many rides but still love disney and pay for my park hopper plus water park. I am slowly doing a few rides but so many rides you can do without heights or spinning. I managed to do Goofy's barnstormer this year along with my one ride down splash mountain.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dont like rides at all

GO! There are plenty of things besides rides. Shows, exhibits, the architecture of the various parks, the beaches, the pools, oh my goodness, so much! I would also strongly encourage you to try a couple of rides...don't stop reading! Go to Epcot and ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It's a very slow-moving ride that doesn't go up or down or backwards or anything...just takes you from point A to point B, through a huge aquarium. It doesn't take long and lets you out into the viewing area, where you can spend as much time as you want watching the sealife. If that one works for you, ride the Land ride, another slow-moving ride, this one in a boat. A similar one would be the ride in Mexico, and It's a Small World in Magic Kingdom. I was just like you years ago, and I still DO NOT like thrill rides, but I now love most of the Disney rides.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
619 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dont like rides at all

I dont like scarey rides at all, while the husband loves them. We went last year and while he rode every scarey ride imaginable I sat in the sun and waited.

However, there is much more to Disney than rides (scarey or not) and it really is the most magical place on earth.

Last year was the best holiday I have ever had and enjoyed it so much we go again this saturday for a 2nd time.

Yes it can be expensive to go but it is worth every single penny.

Just in the parks alone there are parades, shows, firework displays, very very tame rides plus loads more, and then there is the abundance of activities to do outside of the parks.

And as for the shopping...........well I could go on for ever on that subject. lol

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dont like rides at all

A lot of the neatest "attractions" at WDW don't spin, and don't give you the feeling of height. Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carib, Small World, Carousel of Progress, the Train around MK, the Jungle Safari in AK, the Jungle Cruise, Hall of Presidents, Epcot's countries, the boat ride that tells you about Hydroponics, the Mexico boat ride, etc. Lots to do there that isn't spinny or high in the air.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dont like rides at all

No its not really is it :( ...its a shame it really is...riding a rollercoaster is the best feeling in the world....

Its the simulators that get me and make me feel sick...you might think these would be ok but if i was you i'd prob avoid them if you get sick from spinning its along the same lines (mind you i still go on them but i don't help myself as i don't follow the instructions in the sense i look around everywhere (when you're only suppose to look straight ahead to avoid the motion sickness...oops ;) )...

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: dont like rides at all

If I did not like rides, I would vacation by the shore. Unless I was going with the family. It is difficult to saty off the rides, once there, unless health issues dictate.

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dont like rides at all

I also am terrified of heights and get so sick with any kind of spinning! But I never think of WDW that way because there are so many other types of attractions (rides)! I go on all of the fantasy type rides, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Peter Pan (I do not feel the height with this ride at ALL, more of a kiddy ride but a classic and fun)and plenty of others. I think you would really be missing out if you did not try it.

I live in New York and have NO desire to go to places like Great Adventure because those are the rides that are at most amusement places, roller coasters, speed, heights etc.. There is SO much more to WDW.