We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Spring Break?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perthshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
US Spring Break?

Thinking of going to Orlando last wk in March, 1st in April - can anyone tell me if the spring break will be over by then & also what weather to expect. Any info from anyone who's been at this time appreciated. Many thanks.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Spring Break?

School Districts and States all vary. Basically, Spring Break is anywhere from March through April. All have a short break around Easter. That will be a pretty busy time.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Spring Break?

Weather last week in March, 1st week in April is delightful in Orlando. That is my favorite time of year to visit---low 80'sF during the day, 60'sF at night. Spring break for college students in the US will be over by that time. School age students in the US tend to have their spring breaks during the two weeks around Easter. For many students in 2009, that would be either the week of April 6th or April 13th. Hope this helps! Have a great trip.

pa
Level Contributor
53,803 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: US Spring Break?

Spring Break will just be getting started I'm afraid but the worst of it will be Mid April during Easter Break.

The Weather will be lovely however and with a basic plan, you'll be fine. If you want to eat at any of the Disney Restaurants, I highly recomend you make advance reservations, you can make them 180 days adhead of time :)

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Spring Break?

Hi there we went before 20th march for 7 days.

The weather was around 23 to 26 we had no rain!!

The only thing i guess i noticed was that Clearwater beach was a bit busier!!

At night it can get bit chilly but be careful sun is still very strong!!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,934 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Spring Break?

We went the first week of April this year and it was crowded. Before this we would go the first week in March....great time of year. The parks close earlier but you can get so much done in a shorter time.

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Spring Break?

My son's spring break is April 10-19th. He is in a NY Charter School. I am sure all NYC schools are the same.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US Spring Break?

It is rather confusing, because unfortunately spring break is different- not only from state to state, but within Florida itself ( between county to county ). It starts sometime from mid March through the end of April- depending. It is always the busiest during Easter week though. The weather should be wonderful.

new york
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US Spring Break?

If you are flexible, I would go the last week of Febuary, or the first week of March. Temperatures average 75 deg F to 78 F with no school breaks.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: US Spring Break?

Over here easter monday is 13 april so you're talking the two weeks before and two weeks after this date being the busiest with both brits easter holidays and the americans spring break.....

10. Re: US Spring Break?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 12:17