We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday for son

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
birthday for son

Okay, so far this is what I have came up with for my son's britday so far, he will be 4.Please tell me what you think..and give any suggestions.

Okay it's on Nov.4...I will have ballons delieverd to our room, and have donald duck wish him a happy birthday on the phone at the resort...for the day part I thought we would go to the water park or animal kingdom not sure which one as he loves both animals and water parks...(please give suggestions).

Next I made reservations for chief Mickey's dinner. I plan to purchase a cake from them, I will call 2-3 days in advance to purchase the cake. I plan to give his present to our server so that mickey can bring it out when the cake is brought out... and that will be his birthday....Can anyone help me out, it dont seem like much. I want to make it very exciting for him, I dont feel at ease yet...please help me.

Thanks everyone!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: birthday for son

Sounds great - he will be thrilled.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: birthday for son

Hi Minmurphy -

If your son is anything like my 5 year old nephew, he will love the waterpark. Make sure that Chef Mickey's know is advance that it is your sons' birthday. They will give him a Happy Birthday pin, a placemat signed by the characters, have a rousing song with the other diners waving their napkins in the air while Mickey comes over.

How do I know this you may ask? 2 weeks ago I was at Chef Mickey's on my birthday. My husband and I along with my 4 & 9 year old nephews, What I did not know at the time is that my sister had called the restaurant in advance and let them know it was my birthday. (She is my bratty younger sister!!)

I am sure you and he will have a blast!

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: birthday for son

Wow how suprised you were! Lol...well I am glad to be on the rite path. I really think the water park would make for nice day, considering he loves it. I am so excited about this trip!! Thanks for the advice, I will notify them when I call to order the cake, thanks again!

northamptoshire
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: birthday for son

that sound g8, im sure he will love it. my son is also 4 while we are there in 3 weeks, i haven't thought or anything yet, apart from getting him a cake and where we are going for the day. hope he has a g8 day

Central FL
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: birthday for son

You can also get the birthday pins at any of the parks at guest relations. It's a must!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: birthday for son

It sounds wonderful to me. I'd choose the Animal Kingdom over a waterpark,I is really a fun place with lots to do.And maybe a little extra gift that he can choose himself at the AK.Of course,the Happy Birthday button is a must-he may not get anything but a special hello from people but that is very exciting to someone that age.But sometimes they give children a cupcake at the restraurants. And it sounds exciting to me!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: birthday for son

Whichever park you go to, go to guest relations and let them know it's his birthday and they will give him a 'Birthday badge'. My son loved the attention he got from this as many of the castmembers wished him happy birthday throughout the day when they saw it. We had lunch in the Crystal palace which went down an absolute treat. You don't need to pack the day with specials, I think what you have arranged for him will make his day very special as it is. See my wifes trip report for some other things (like the monorail cab ride) we arranged and a general report on how our son's birthday went (day 8 about a third the way down).

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k2054…