We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

Decided against Chef Mickey for dinner and plan to go there for breakfast instead,so now I need to pick somewhere great for dinner.Any opinions on the above mentioned restaurants and is California Grill worth the high prices or are you paying for the view of the fireworks?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

bennyking,

California Grill is one of our favourite restaurants in all of WDW.

The prices are a little high, but worth it for the view alone!.

Time your reservation to coincide with 'Wishes' at the Magic Kingdom and you can watch them from outside on the restaurants own private observation deck.

It is a great treat and I'm sure you would enjoy it!.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

What time would you suggest booking a table for?

pa
Level Contributor
53,803 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

benny, check the Park Hours for the day in question ( www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm 0 and try to make your reservation for 45 minutes to an hour before the Wishes

CG is hard to get and I will add my recomendation of Kona Cafe at the Poly. We love it and after you eat you can go out to the Beach and watch Wishes and the Electric Water Parade :)

pa
Level Contributor
53,803 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

benny, check the Park Hours for the day in question ( www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm ) and try to make your reservation for 45 minutes to an hour before the Wishes

CG is hard to get and I will add my recomendation of Kona Cafe at the Poly. We love it and after you eat you can go out to the Beach and watch Wishes and the Electric Water Parade :)

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

Good thing you told me to check,no wishes on 30 th October!Should I bother with the California Grill if thats the case?Cafe Kona sounds pretty good.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

The California Grill is well worth it, even without the fireworks. I actually prefer seeing the fireworks from within the park, and usually book the CG for earlier in the evening, when I can usually get one of those nice tables for two by the window. The food is excellent, and the views are wonderful.

I had dinner at the CG on October 31 two years ago, and while the MK didn't have Wishes, it was having the special Halloween party. (That's almost surely what is going on on Oct. 30, too.) We enjoyed watching the castle change colors, and could see the Electric Water Parade parked near the monorail to greet arriving guests. The views were great, and if you time it right, you could see the Halloween fireworks from there.

GA
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

I would not do brown derby.The food is expensive and not good at least it wasnt good for lunch

8. Re: Cafe Kona,Brown Derby or California Grill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:18