We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

Deciding between the 2 - have checked out online ratings..has anyone seen the both of them to compare?

(Horizons Vacation Club by Marriott at Orlando)

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

Never been to Horizons but I can tell you from other websites the the Grand Vista has a higher rating. I also stayed there this past spring and it was very nice though I would have preferred the larger side.

Toronto
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

Larger side meaning?

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

The side that has a separate bedroom, full size fidge, washer/dryer etc... The smaller side just has a microwave, small fidge and coffee pot, still nice and would stay there again but as I said the bigger side of the lock-off (they are lock-off timeshares units at the grand vista).

New York
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

Hi-we stayed at both-Grande Vista is a much bigger property-right now (we were there last week!), there doing some minor construction, so the game room is temporarily gone. Horizons is geared more toward kids with the pirate pool-younger kids love it, but our teen loves the resort-the other pool has a slide. As far as the rooms-at both resorts we've rented 2 bedrooms-Grande Vista are larger, and a little more luxurious than Horizons-in the Grande vista the extra bedroom has a balcony, where at Horizons they do not have one. All in all, there both great-actually I think next year we'll probably go back to Horizons, we enjoyed the feel of a smaller resort. Both are very clean, one more thought-Horizons only has a bar where you can get a quick bite to eat, Grande Vista does have a sit down restaurant (but pricey!).I could go on and on, if you have any specific questions, feel free to emai me at firzgel@optonline.net.

Toronto
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

radiology...just tried emailing you.did not work..exactly what I need a comparison of the 2...a 3 bedroom unit at Vista costs 500 a night or is n/a depending on when you call Marriott. HOrizons can give me 30% off a 2 bedroom(198) plus I would get a 1 bedroom unit as we are 6 plus a child..too squishy, differing families with a 2 bedroom. How do they differ other than luxury, size..how is the location..told that the Vista is undergoing renos...Marketplace and Boatplace will be affected..anything more that can help us?

New York
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

sorry- I was typing on my laptop and gave you the wrong email-fitzgel@optonline.net. As far as the units size-we've only stayed at a 2 bedroom at each resort-I think the Grande Vista is bigger-at Grand vista the 2 bedroom consisits of the living room, kitchen, master bedroom with a jacuzzi and full bath, with balcony-the 2nd bedrooom is a "lock off" unit-which is a king bed, small frige and coffee maker, bathroom and balcony-also a pull out couch. At Horizons, the 2nd bedroom is not a lock off unit-it was 2 single beds and full bath-the master bedroom at Horizons does not have a jacuzzi, and the 2nd bedroom does not have it's own balcony like Grande Vista does-My opinion on them is, both are wonderful, Horizons is a smaller resort, which we thought was actually nice-easy to get around. As far as their location, I believe they are basically around the block from each other, so they are both very close to Seaworld, Universal and Disney are both 15 minutes. We think it's an ideal location for any of those parks. Grande Vista does have some minor construction going on-when we were there last week, the rental boats and game room were closed. You might want to call them directly to get an update-email me if I can help anymore-I don't think you'll be dissapointed in either one-Grande Vista bigger and a bit more luxurious, Horizons, small and nicely themed with pirate pools, and easy to get around the resort due to its small size-Grande Vista if you're not near the main pool, you might have quite a hike!

Toronto
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

Thanks for coming back! Waiting for my brother in law to check out both properties so we can make a move on one of them. I guess it is the same situation for both..you really don't know what your room is going to be like..does HOrizons have a one bedroom..the option there..there are 6 plus one child..would be to get a 3rd bedroom..we don't all want to be sleeping in the same rooms. I am starting to think that the smaller scale property would be better if entertaining a four year old...

New York
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

I think Horizons has a 1 bedroom-you could check their website to be sure. If you have a 4 year old, I would go with Horizons-he or she will love the pirate themed pool, and right by the pool there is an activity center where they do crafts with kids. We found that resort extremely nice-it was nice being able to get around so easily in a smaller resort-they also have a lake and dock, and one morning they had a fishing derby for kids and adults. Also having a younger child, I believe they have all sorts of activities by the pool.

New York
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

One more thing! did you check the pictures on TA's website-the pics that are taken by former travelers-it gives you a really good idea of what the resort is like-

Va
Level Contributor
10,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How does Marriott Vista Grande villas compare to Horizons?

I stayed at both and like Grande Vista slightly better except for the pools. I think Horizons has the edge there. I also didn't like how close Horizons was to I4.