We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what would you do

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
what would you do

When considering wich days to go where...would you consider the EMH first and go on those days? Or would you go by the may that shows which parks or the least busy and go by that?

Thanks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what would you do

If it's "off season" and not very crowded, and I'm a Disney guest, I always go to EMH parks. In uncrowded seasons for Disney guests, EMH is very nice to have handy.

If it's peak season and crowds are expected to be high, I avoid EMH even if I'm a Disney guest. Peak season has nearly all rooms at Disney sold out, so that's a whole lot of extra folks in the EMH park that day.

uk
Level Contributor
496 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what would you do

i agree, it depends wen you are going!!!! out of season, go for it, if its in season i always plan using the EMH, look what park had EMH the day before, and go to that one!!!! guranteed all the ppl who went to the park th eday before won't be there the day after!!!!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what would you do

We always go in July or August and don't pay any attention to whether it is EMH at the park that day. We choose a park for the next day and what will be will be. After trips of planning carefully to be in certain parks on certain days we have realized that there is not a fail proof plan. We lucked out this year with HS having EMH the day we went and ended up standing in line for Aerosmith for 45 minutes after Fantasmic and closed down the park and ended our trip with a bang!

pa
Level Contributor
53,702 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what would you do

hey min, you're going in October yes ? Low crowds all around. Go for all the evening EMH. The Parks are great at night and having those 3 or more hours really makes a diffence. We always go to evening EMH and Love it. Go early and get in all the Must Do Rides and then take a nice break in the afternoon and return for EMH refreshed and ready for Fun :)

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what would you do

Thanks to all of you...Yes I am going in OCT/NOV,so that sounds great about the crowds. I will do the EMH.

partypa the night that I am all sad because the next day I am leaving, is the night you will be counting hours:)!

THanks to you all.

Just outside Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what would you do

Hi, hope you dont mind me asking but what is EMH???

I'm new to all this so please excuse my ignorance!

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what would you do

Extram Magic Hours. It for guests who stay at a Disney Resort. Each day a park opens one hour eary, and each night a park stays open 3 hours late, for disney resort guests.

Just outside Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: what would you do

Awww right, I thought it was something I was missing out on! ;-) I'm staying in Windsor Hills so not much use to to me then!

Thanks for the info though! :-)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what would you do

Since you are staying at Windsor Hills, it would probably be good for you to get a listing of the EMH days at Disney for the time you are going, and avoid the parks that have EMH on the given days.

When is your trip scheduled for?

10. Re: what would you do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 21:18