We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery cove in November??

Leeds
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Discovery cove in November??

If the weather is cooler, rainy and not sunny, will Discovery cove be worth doing.??

Dont want to be in the water or sat on the sands if it will be chilly, what is the likeliness of this??

I appreciate it looks amazing and would be fantasic to be there if it is ice and warm and sunny, just not sure about week 1 02 in November??

Please help

southampton uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery cove in November??

Hi, i am booked in for 4 Nov and have been told that the weather should be like a nice summers day here in England, especially if you swim earlier in the day rather than after 2. Lot of money but apparently something you will never forget ????????/

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovery cove in November??

We did Discovery Cove 2 weeks ago. It was the highlight of our holiday - a fantastic day. Obviously, with it being August the weather was scorching. However the water in all the pools (except the lazy river) is very cold.

Because of the time of year, we wore the vests but I do feel the cold very quickly and I was glad to get out of the pools to warm up.Probably in November, you'd be best to wear the full wetsuits. They should keep you warm even if the weather is cloudy.

hampshire
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovery cove in November??

Hi, we did DC in November 2years ago. the weather on the day we went was cold having said this it was an unforgettable experience they serve hot drinks and snacks free all day the water was very warm.it did not ruin our day and you can have a hot shower after go and enjoy and face the weather like us Brits do!!!!!

Utah
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discovery cove in November??

Hi, I am also going on November 4th. We are so excited about Discovery Cove and hope that it is a nice day. I am more worried about rain than cold. We will definately be wearing the wet suits!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,693 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discovery cove in November??

You will be getting into the dry season. Amazingly, tropical storms can still happen at this time of year (a nasty one threatened around Nov. 11 a few years ago). Need I say more about the weather still being abundantly warm, except in the event of an unusual cold front?

Leeds
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Discovery cove in November??

Hey!!!! We'll be there too November 4th! Lets hope for some lllooovvveellllllyyy sunshine!!

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discovery cove in November??

Hi, we were at DC in Nov 3 years ago - mid Nov.

On arrival u line up and they take your pic and put it on a strap for u to wear. Then u go and to get your wet suits etc - changing rooms behind this section (clean etc) - you are allocated a cabana zone for your swim and what time, unless u have asked for a specific time.

Lazy river goes all around and is about 6 ft wide if my memory serves me correctly! It is heated water and a slight current to take u along with the least effort - u can get out of the water at some points to feed the birds (food at these points for them) It is lovely.

We were not cold in the least - even when we took our wet suit off - there r lots of sunbeds to lay on around the cabanas.

You will be fine - we needed a cardi or light jacket at night as sometimes it was a breezy but at no point in the holiday were we cold at all.

Rain - only when we went up to Crystal River - a cloud burst and then it was done with.

Enjoy your holiday - we had time to sit around the pool at the hotel also - so it was warm or I would not do that lol

Jan

Essex, England
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discovery cove in November??

We arrive 4th November too! How funny. I was worried about the weather too, but it'll be glorious I've been assured by friends who usually go in November. Just as well as my partner and daughter cannot stand it blazing hot.

9. Re: Discovery cove in November??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 13:15