We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

batten down the hatches

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
batten down the hatches

batten em down folks look like florida could be in for a battering in the next few days www.wunderground.com

london
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: batten down the hatches

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: batten down the hatches

Just talked to my sister-in-law in Fort Lauderdale and my sister in Miami and both are saying the news down there is telling them it will likely hit Ket West and then go into the Gulf.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: batten down the hatches

The current forcast showing it hitting land around the Ft Myers area and going up the west coast.

www.wftv.com/hurricanes/17203205/detail.html

They are saying that at this point it will just barely be a hurricane when it makes landfall which would put winds around 75mph. Monday will show a more acurate forcast.

Viera, Florida
Level Contributor
901 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: batten down the hatches

Wecome to Florida during August...My Bday is the end of Aug and I can't remember a year that there wasn't a storm around my bday, and I grew up on the panhandle of Florida. If taking a vacation during July-Sept my advise is to take out vacation insurance so that your covered in case of a hurricane. There is a reason prices are cheaper Aug/Sept.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: batten down the hatches

im flying out on sunday do u think it will b all finished by then stay safe everyone

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: batten down the hatches

I'm here in Orlando now! Staying at the Vista Cay resort in Universal Boulevard.

Forecasters are saying still too early to forecast which direction the storm is going in - but have advised locals to start preparing their properties for hurricane conditions this weekend, just in case!

They say, they will know more on monday as to where it will hit in Florida - on the news they are saying there are 3 directions, east or west coat or through the middle - peachy exactly where we are!

Absolutely nothing we can do, its still very hot and humid here though, we are a brick built condo, so i assume we just be sensible and stay inside if forecasters say its coming towards us. Unless we are told any different by our resort.

We arrived on Thursday night, and its been partly cloudy and had some rain since we've been here, but believe me you can still catch the sun, so still put sun cream on. Yesterday we all caught the sun whilst at Aquatica.

london
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: batten down the hatches

if it goes up the centre then you will more than likely find it soon turns into a tropical storm then to a depression which will mean strong winds and a ton of rain then down to high winds lots of rain then basicly moderate winds and more rain, as you know a hurricane needs lot of warm moisture to continue and central florida hasnt really got that so be ready!, but a depression would be good for florida and the carolinas they are in need of some serious rainfall. fingers crossed though no hurricane

Glasgow
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: batten down the hatches

Looks like the Keys will be worst hit. Orlando should be alright.

orlandosentinel.com/news/…5668817.story

Central FL
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: batten down the hatches

Tuesday will be a stormy day. It is still too early to see if it will go over Tampa or come further inland. Forecasters are watching as it approaches the Keys to see how it will intensify. Could be a tropical storm or a category 1. By Wednesday afternoon things will be back to normal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: batten down the hatches

Its obviously headline news here - but it is making news headlines in the UK?