We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
151 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

Is Stitches Great Escape too scary for a nine year old? I keep seeing mixed things about it.

Manchester
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

depends on the 9 yr old, my 10 yr old was fine, my 12 yr old screamed her head off. Got back last week and would recommend that ride.

Build up makes it appear worse than it is, totally dark for some of it though. Although it is all cleverly done and in the mind.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

My daughter saw it when she was 11. None of us liked it. You are secured in your seat kind of uncomfortably, which is strange because it is not a ride. Its not the cute Stitch. He is really wild. He belches in your face. Its dark and there were several smaller kids crying. We will not go on it again. Your daughter probably will not be scared, but I bet she will not like it. Disney can do better. bye

Manchester
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

again personal opinion, and we all enjoyed it and thought it was a good ride.

Stitch is naughty and does belch!

Nothing sinister about this, and there are warnings on the way in to the ride.

The harnesses are just for the special effects, spray and audio as well as smell.

Mind you, I also saw people taking toddlers onto the tower of terror ride.

Not sure they read the signs either, probably too busy trying to get to the front and on the ride.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

It's Stitch as he was at the beginning of the movie, not the end. (After he discovered "family")

I'm not a huge fan of this attraction. I think it's a little strange. I kind of miss Alien. One tip, though you might not get the full experience, trust me on this... When the shoulder things come down sit up really straight, then, once they lock, slouch a bit.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

We liked this one better before they converted it over to the Stitch themed thing. The original space ship taking off thing was pretty cool.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

Is this a simulator (I get motion sick easy)? I have never been on this ride, now I am curious.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

If you're prone to motion sick, you'll be fine on this ride. It doesn't simulate movement.

new jersey
Level Contributor
151 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

Thanks for all your thoughts. It doesn't sound like it's one of the more popular attractions...not sure whether I should take the risk or whether I should let the older two go on with my husband while I take our 9 year old to another ride...

Here and there
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

Isn't this ride a makeover of the old "Alien Encounter" experience?

If so, from what I remember, its a non moving mind game - for want of a better phrase.

I remember the guy getting he head bitten off (audio only) and the spray of water in your face making you think its blood, then the headrest in the seat gently nudging the top of your head as it makes out the alien is after a victim....its very well done but not sure I would take my 2 kids on just yet.

WALES
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stitches' Great Escape too scary???

Never Mind 'scarey'... its probably one of thee most borings 'rides'........... i implore you not to que up for it, only if you can walk straight in.... my daughter was 7 last time on it and she wasn't scared