We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin seat reservations

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
401 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin seat reservations

Hi folks

Is it worth reserving seats on Virgin flight, we are family of four travelling to Orlando for the first time in Oct, with boys aged 13 and 10?

We would like to sit together been reading some posts saying that Virgin do not always guarantee reservations!

Thanks Elaine

Wigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin seat reservations

Hi,

I'd go online and book now. You can choose your seats, both outbound and inbound, and if you need a special meal.

You can log in here using your flight details.

https:/…index.jsp

In my experience -we have flown twice in the last few years- we always sat together when we booked online. (We have a 5 year old and 2 year old)

We were there in October a few years ago too, and it was perfect weather and low crowds.

Have an absolutley fantastic time!

Gav.

Wigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin seat reservations

Oops,

Guess I don't know how to post a link, sorry!

Just go to the Virgin Atlantic site and select "Manage my Flights", you can login here using your details.

Cheers, Gav.

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin seat reservations

Hi Mitches

We booked our holiday back in feb and reserved our seats at the same time.

Reserve them but go in at regular intervals and check you havn't been moved. We had been when I looked about 6 weeks ago.

Myself and husband were still together, my mum was with my children further up the plane and my poor old dad was on his own miles away from any of us!! I called Virgin straight away and they managed to change us so we were sitting together again but not where we originally chose as those seats have been changed to the slightly wider ones and Virgin now charge £30 per seat for those!!

Even so they still stressed that these arn't guaranteed.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin seat reservations

I have always reserved my seats, but requested other seats due to wanting seats around row 23 and these cannot be reserved beforehand We normally get our request granted but if we dont then we have always got the other seats we reserved. Last year we had reserved a row of 3 and one of 4 (& in total) They then changed this to 2 in one row, 2 in the row behind and three in the row behind that which was a bit difficult but we were near each other.

I think it is always worth reserving, you have nothing to lose.

England
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin seat reservations

Hi we reserved our seats with Virgin as soon as they were released. We reserved the four seats on row 32. I went on Virgin Atlantic to check if everything was still okay and they have moved us the second of last row of the plane. I phoned virgin and I was told that rows 29 - 32 are now not available until airport check in. We are still all together on the plane (up to now!) so I would avoid booking these seats in case this is something they do often.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin seat reservations

I would book your seats on line. If they move you, then you can get back to Virgin about it.

Also, get to the airport as early as possible so that you may have more choice if they decide to move you.

Last time we flew with Virgin (Feb this year) we booked out seats and checked in on line. Got to the airport and they had split me and hubby up by about 10 rows. The staff found us seats together before take-off because the place was virtually empty so I cannot understand why they split us up in the first place.

I am sure it will all be fine, and you will have a great time.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin seat reservations

We have had this problem with Virgin in the past and after writing to there Customer complaints Dept they explained that those with the same family name are very rarely split up ,its when there are different names within the group that the computer moves folk around to fit the seating.

So yes go online and book them.

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
401 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin seat reservations

Thanks guys will definately reserve my seats.

york
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin seat reservations

What details do you need to be able to get in to check if your seats are there.I have been told by the people that i booked with that they reserved my seats by can i still check if i dont have my booking ref myself.thanks Yorkbabe.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin seat reservations

We had our seats reserved for the outbound flight, we checked in on line 24 hours before and printed off our boarding cards, and when we got to the airport for bag drop, there was a sign saying no seat changes available for entire virgin fleet - but when we boarded, we were told there were 50 spare seats on our flight, was amazed, virgin flight to orlando, in the middle of august, so i think if we'd wanted to change our seats we would have been able to.

Yorkbabe, you need your virgin reservation number, if you dont have just ring virgin and they give the code to you so you cant sort the seating out.