We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

Any recommendations for the above please>???

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,016 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

My personal fav in Epcot is the cafeteria style restaurant in "Morocco." Very good lamb sandwiches,coucous,and yummy desserts>

I love "Prime time Cafe" in MGM. The food is not fabulous,but the fun is always there. (Ok..actually,it's like home cooking,and my Mum wasn't a very good cook) tee hee hee.

pa
Level Contributor
53,803 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

I feel I may have already said this on another Post

Epcot Table Service

Marrrakesh

Chefs de France

Le Cellier

Coral Reef

Princess Story Book Dining at Akershus Royal Banqyuet Hall is a very good Character Meal

Counter Service

Sunshine Seasons

Disney's Hollywood Studios Table Service

50's Prime Time

Mama Melrose

Hollywood and Vine is a great Character Meal for little ones

Counter Service

Not the best options here, we go over to the Boardwalk or B & C Clubs to grab a bite :)

Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

My kids loved the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine in HStudio (MGM). It has JoJo and Goliath from JoJo's Circus and June and Leo from Little Einsteins. It is buffet style and takes 1 TS credit.

Leeds
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

Thanks if you have - sorry! Im just writing things down now - more detailed planning.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

You're traveling with little ones, right?? Because of that, I'll stick to places that I would bring children to and not places that I think are more appropriate for just adults...

HS: Probably the worst park for food. Our absolute favorite here though is 50s Prime Time Cafe...we love this, it outshines EVERY other eatery in the park. We do this for lunch a lot. It's a fun atmosphere and the food is tasty. Everything else in this park I could skip. Really not a fan of even the counter service here... People like Mama Melrose, I think they use entirely too much garlic...it upsets my tummy!

Epcot: Probably the best park for food!

Counter Service: Sunshine Seasons at the Land Pavilion. Probably the best counter service in all the parks. The choices are numerous, the seating is all indoors (i.e. a/c!) and even the kids meals here are phenomenal! My mom and I get them! Plus, a lot of the things can be ordered as sides if you have picky eaters (for only about $4 too...and it's a decent portion...I like the mac & cheese!) Also for counter service you have any of the World Showcase pavilions if you feel like a certain style of food!

Table Service: Most of the countries are great. Normally I would recommend Japan (Tepan Edo) for families with kids, but if I remember you have a baby with you. They do everything right in front of you, hibachi style, which means there's a HOT grill right there...I would be worried about kids placing their hands on it...but you know your kids best. If they're well behaved and old enough, I think it's great fun for families & highly entertaining for all! (And tasty...no weird spices here for picky eaters...and it's good for sensitive tummies!)

Other countries I would recommend, and have eaten there myself, are Italy (Tutto Italia), Mexico, (San Angel Inn), and Germany (Beer Garden...buffet style w/entertainment). Normally I would recommend Canada & France, but I'm not sure how the kiddos would like those. Also, if you have girls you may want to check out the Princesses at Norway. The food is a little out there, so breakfast might be the way to go, but you get more princesses than Cindy's Table at the MK. I've never had TS at England, but I've eaten CS there before...and I think I hit most of the countries around the world!!

Also things to consider for HS & Epcot are the places at the resorts in between. They're convenient to get to from either park. We ate at Spoodles recently (at the Boardwalk) and LOVED it. I would highly recommend it. Also over at the Yacht & Beach Club is the Cape May Cafe. They have a character breakfast as well as a clam bake buffet for dinner. I haven't done either but I have a friend who's as obsessed as me who loves both and keeps pestering me to do them both...so I would feel comfortable recommending them to you.

Hope that helps!

Leeds
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

WOW!! Thats a big help.. Thankyou ;-)

Bettystown, Ireland
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

if u plan on seeing fantasmic, which your whole family will LOVE, dont forget the fantasmic dinner package which guarantees you last minute seating at the show (and saves you having to wait in your seats for 90 mins with little kids). 50's prime time is probably your best option here. the other 2 choices are mama melrose (italian) and brown derby (fine dining)

in epcot there is a great character meal at the garden grill featuring chip and dale, mickey and pluto. if you have little girls there is also a great princess breakfast at akershus in norway. id advise booking any of these asap!

Springfield, MA
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

Last year we tried to make reservations in Epcot for Le Cellar, but couldn't get them. They suggested the Biergarden and it was FANTASTIC! It was a buffet and the food was to die for. I honestly thought they'd have to roll me out of there...and the entertainment was pretty cool too!!!!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
486 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

my kids loved pizza planet and my youngest cant wait to go there(big toy story fan)although its basicaly just pizza and chips!!!

and i ate the best burger ever at epcot but sorry cant remmeber the name of the place!!!! it was a good few years ago x

New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Epcot, and MGM eateries???!!!???

Hi Leeds,

I'm not sure who you are traveling with, but I highly recommend the Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios (no longer called MGM). We did the Fantasmic dinner package. The food, in my opinion, was excellent and ambiance was great; not many kids though.