We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

We were in Orlando last week of april this year and it was great. We visited Discovery Cove, did a lot of swimming etc.

We are thinking about going back again in February or March - but will it be to cold to swim, visit the water adventures, Discovery Cove etc. My daugther is only 5, so it important we can do all the fun water things :-)

Any experince?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
479 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Beacon, New York
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

We were in Orlando in Feb. 2008- weather was wonderful.. It was never awful hot/muggy. We swam everyday and enjoyed all of the parks.

We plan to go back this up coming Feb. as well.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,054 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

The winter months are unpredictable. You may be able to swim every day. OTOH you might need coats. We've been swimming in January and had it not hit 50 (F)some days in late March. There's no way to tell this far in advance.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

The weather here is very unpredictable. It literally can change from day to day. I have been known to wear shorts ons day and a winter coat the next. You may be lucky, though, and it could be swimming weather, but one cant really know for sure. It is usually beautiful amusement park weather.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

we went april 6 this year nd we had a mix, i was unsure what the weather was going to be likr, some days it was barely 60, not warm enough for shorts never mind swimming, some days i was freezing, this time around was a total contrast to last time, back end of april going into may, the weather got hotter and hotter, ive heard th weather can be one day hot the next freezing, i think the winter months are a dodgey area, my freinds went in december and they had to put wooly jumpers on, its not really what you expect from a hot country is it, take what a floridian says to be the word, they live there so they will know best.

Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

i remember stepping off the plane one march and getting the shock of my life - it was freezing. the baggage handlers had sheepskin coats on! we had to go to the mall and buy warmer clothes, even a coat. then after 3 or 4 days it heated up, becoming really sunny and hot. never seen anything like it (although i was only 10 at the time!!). i would assume that you're bound to get at least a few days of sun, which could be spent at the waterparks. we used to go in march all the time and that year was the only year it wasnt perfect the entire time we were there.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,230 posts
2,043 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

We went this year in early Feb and it was very warm, in fact hot.

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

In my opinion, it is too cold. I went to a water park in Feb this year and even though the water was heated, I felt very uncomfortable. I was shivering when ever I had to get out of the water and walk to another attraction. Even if it is in the 70s (mid 20s celsius, as is the usual high in Feb) it still feels chilly because you are wet. And it only gets to the 70s during noon and afternoon. In the morning and evening it's almost unbearable - around 50 to 60 degrees (10 to 15 degrees celsius).

Then again this is all from a Floridian perspective. You all might find it quite warm, I don't know.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

This year was a bit off. January and February were relatively warm, then March and into April were very chilly. Usually, Floridians will not swim from sometime in October until May at least, but we tend to get cold easier. Some years fall extends almost to Thanksgiving. A heated pool may be fine in April.

9. Re: Orlando in February/March - is it to cold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor