We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather - please advise

Berks UK
Level Contributor
250 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather - please advise

Hi Arriving next week (YIPPEE!) from UK. Looked on BBC website and it says hwavy showers all week long. What does this mean? Raining all day and torrential or just a big blast and over with? I assume the tropical storm is impacting. All advice / answers welcomed!

Thanks, just was really hoping to see sun after the UK "summer"

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather - please advise

Hi poppymum, it means that you'll get thunderstorms in the afternoon most days.

The last affects of TS Fay will be gone today, weather wise, not for the poor locals, whose homes have been ruined.

I am here at the moment, before i came i kept looking at the weather and it always said heavy showers! We've had a bit more than that though, but thats TS Fay for you. Remember its still the hurricane season.

Berks UK
Level Contributor
250 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather - please advise

Thanks DawnG1 your reply is a great help. Also I agree with you - how awful for people who have had their homes damaged.

I hope your stay is good and you are enjoying yourself

Florida
Level Contributor
922 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather - please advise

Typical August weather now. Sunny early with highs in 90's and thunderstorms in the afternoon. It's our rainy season through beginning of Oct. Sept is the rainiest month. And we certainly do not need any more rain.

4. Re: Current weather - please advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 10:16