We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
924 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

We have already booked California Grill...we were thinking about Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, but after reading some of the reviews I'm not too sure. Thanks!!

pa
Level Contributor
53,911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

Artist Point is Lovely ( I'll be there in a few weeks ) Another Favourite is Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Flying Fish at the Boardwalk is very nice too :)

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

Hmmm...

Not many of the restaurants actually have much of a view.

There are one or two seats at Citrico's that you can see the fireworks from, but it's a fluke when it happens.

Artist Point has a view of some trees and the pool area, nothing spectacular. Not bad by any means, but don't eat there for the view. We've eaten there three times, one was terrible, one was great, one was OK. Will we be back? maybe, but it's far from teh short list.

There are some tables at Wolfgang Puck with a pleasant view of the lake looking out over Saratoga Springs.

'Ohana has some nice window tables, but it's never guaranteed that you'll get one, and the majority of the tables in there have no view.

Coral Reef has the tank to look at, although I think they are pretty overpriced.

Fulton's has some outside seating.

There are a few window tables at Bistro de paris--if you are traveling with kids this is not an appropriate restaurant, there is no childrens menu and no high chairs.

Chef's de France has some tables by the windows which afford a nice view, although there are a lot of things that block seeing the fireworks from there.

Outside tables at the Rose and Crown, although they aren't guaranteed.

I think that's pretty much it, although I could be forgetting something.

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

If you are willing to leave Disney property, Manuel's on 28th in downtown Orlando has AMAZING views--puts the California Grill to shame in view, food, and service!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

Artist Point doesn't have much of a view. Narcoossees looks out onto the water but if you go during Wishes or the Water Pageant people will stand outside on the porch and block the windows. If you are willing to do casual Big River Grill has outside tables that look over the Boardwalk area. The food is so-so but the beer is nice!

Jennifer

pa
Level Contributor
53,911 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

I agree with jennifer, the Big River Grille has lovely seating out on the Boardwalk.

As far as the 3 Restaurants I mentioned, I wasn't thinking about Nice Views, while eating at any of those I could care less about what's outside the window, it's all about the food, that's just more important to me I guess. Sorry I didn't answer the question taking into account your request for the View :)

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

I'm really big on fine dining with a view, so here are some of my choices:

Bistro de Paris is very good (at least on my last few visits), and has great tables for two by the window with nice views out over World Showcase, if you can snag one of those. As others have said, this is not a place for kids.

I like the view from Citrico's, and it is one of Disney's best restaurants. The view is of the grounds of the Grand Floridian, which are pretty, but the view certainly doesn't compete with the California Grill.

The Flying Fish doesn't have a view per se, but it does have a wall of windows that look out on the grounds of the Boardwalk, and depending on which way you face, even the Boardwalk itself. Even if you are facing inside, the decor of the restaurant itself is unusual and interesting.

Chefs de France also has walls of windows, but there your view is usually of hordes of people walking past.

7. Re: In need of a good Disney restaurant with a nice view!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 09:20