We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot- mission space question?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot- mission space question?

My Son is three and too short to ride this, but is there an option where he can do the training before the ride and just skip the ride park. he is space mad but we don't have time to go to kennedy.

any 'budding astronaut' tips grately recieved!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot- mission space question?

Unfortunately there is no real 'training' until you are strapped in. However, he may be able to get onto the non-motion variant - I'm not sure how or whether height restrictions are the same on that one.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot- mission space question?

There is a great little area attached to the ride for kids too small to ride and kids in general. I think this is what you are referring to as the 'training'. It's full of video games, a teamwork competition, big buttons etc which my two year old enjoyed even and a soft play area. We spent ages in there after my eldest sun got the jitters and decided he didn't want to do the ride at the last minute. you can also enter without going into Mission Space, just go to the left of the ride and go through the shop (that's how we toook the two year old in).

Chinners, sounds like you need an annex to complete your Mission Space project.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot- mission space question?

As the previous poster said.. Just walk to the left of the ride and there is a store. Go through the store to the left and you will enter a fun interactive space area. Your son will love it. There a lot of space games.

There is also a nonmotion line for this ride, but I really do not reccommend it for a 3 year old.

The real ride (the motion one) is really intense and I dont think you would have wanted to put your 3 year old on it anyway.

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot- mission space question?

The non-motion ride or green lane still has the same height restriction which is 48 inches if I remember rightly - my 5 year old was just too short anyway so a 3 year old won't be able to do it. There is a star wars simulator ride in Hollywood studios which he may be able to get on and and it's a pretty good simulator ride.

wales
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot- mission space question?

thanks guys, you've been really helpful,my little neil armstrong will have a great time, by the sounds of things!

6. Re: Epcot- mission space question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 01:17