We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do people normally do?

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What do people normally do?

I have been to Orlando many times and each time I have asked the owners of the villas I have stayed in if I could check out late (around 4pm)

This has never been a problem but the owner this time round will not allow us to do it and we have to be out by 11am!!

This then means we have 8 and a half hours until our flight!!

We wanted to go to a water park in the morning but I don't think we will be able to go now as we will have no where to store our bags due to the fact I have hired a convertable for the 3 weeks!

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks!! :-)

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What do people normally do?

If you are flying with Virgin Atlantic, check your bags in at DTD, but that will mean you will have to keep wet stuff in your hand luggage if you go to a water park.

There is a charge for using VA DTD check in, I think it is about £10 per person.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What do people normally do?

Have you thought about going into one of the disney hotel and check your bags in with the concierge beacuse "your room not ready" so they stare them go back later to pick them up and just say your take your own bags "to your room" I say do that because we checked in early room not ready dumped bags in storage they didnt ask for I.D or reservation number?

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What do people normally do?

Hi. It depends which airline you are with. Some have check-ins in the areas of Downtown Disney and Lake Buena Vista. You can check your cases in and they are taken to the airport for you. You are then free to enjoy your day.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What do people normally do?

Trina..the charge is $10..cheaper although the way the pound is going it may well be £10-$10 by next year.

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do people normally do?

It's quite possible that he's got the villa rented out beginning the day you leave, and the cleaning people need to get in to prepare it for the next guests.

What does hiring a convertible have to do with your bags? I'm really confused about that...

One thing you could consider is renting a hotel room someplace for the day that has a nice pool. It would give you a place to store your bags and shower after, and not cost more than paying for water park entrance for the family. Fairfield at the Marriott Village has a nice pool and is under $100 a day.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What do people normally do?

Yeah I am flying with VA.

What time does this check in operate from and until?

Do I have to book in advance?

Thanks!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do people normally do?

Question: Do you really want to go to a water park on your last day and smell like chlorine the entire trip home?? If you have your heart set on that, the idea of renting a room just for the day to shower before you go is not a bad one...

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What do people normally do?

Hi. The check in is at Downtown Disney, at the car-park side of Cirque Du Soleil. It is open from 8.30 until ..oops Ive forgotten but its near dinnertime. The charge is $10 each and they ship them to the plane for you. Well worth it as you almost get another day.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What do people normally do?

Hi TakesPix

Well he has a 3 day gap until someone else enters the villa. He is just being difficult. We knew this would happen!

As for the convertible, it means that we won't be able to store our cases in the car all day as there will be no room.

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do people normally do?

Hve you offered a bit extra to extend your check out time? it's also possible that his cleaning service charges him extra to change their time.

And if the suitcases won't fit with you not in the car, how will they fit with you all in the car? Sorry if I'm being dense, but that's not making sense to me. I drive a convertible, and there's more room when there are no passengers than when there are...