We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chriistmas in Florida

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Chriistmas in Florida

Hi I am travelling to florida for christmas never been away away from home before at christmas what should I expect?? what the weather be like at that time of year.

any info would be appreciated

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chriistmas in Florida

Warm, daytime high's in the 70's, evening lows in the 60's. You will probably need a sweater for cooler evenings and early mornings, and if we get a cold snap you'll want some long pants. Bottom line pack things that can be layered.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chriistmas in Florida

Christmas is a beautiful time of year to be in Orlando. The weather is typically very nice. It can fluctuate and be warm one day and then colder the next, so come prepared.

The Disney parks really turn on the magic at holiday time. Each park has something special. The Osborne Lights are jaw dropping and a must see in Hollywood Studios. The castle is amazing in Magic Kingdoma and Epcot has a beautiful candlelight processional. Epcot also has different presentaions in each country on how that country clebrates their holiday.

The parks will be busy, so arrive early, so as to not get locked out. Also use strategies such as the fastpasses. You will have a lovely time.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chriistmas in Florida

You'll have a wonderful time! Are you going anywhere else in Florida? It's certainly a different feel there to Christmas at home, I agree (and our Christmases here are hardly traditional, but we're not the tropics, either). Santa in an aloha shirt and shorts? You bet! ;-)

The parks DO get crowded so get there early.(Disneyland, a little south of me, is often sold out by midmorning during Christmas week; years ago there were real crowd control issues, too but they have since learned how to handle that). The parades, the decorations, everything is just more festive. But nights can be chilly---as one poster said, layering is the key.

Best strategy for rides is be at the gate when the park opens---not parking the car, gettig on the trolley, queuing for tickets or breakfasting. Then hit all the 'big' rides and you should be through them relatively quickly (unless everyone else decides to be there at 0800), leaving the rest of the day to enjoy the parks at your leisure. You don't have to do this every day, but setting one aside for an early visit is a good idea.

If you are doing a water ride, though, where you are likely to get wet, best to leave it for once the sun is up and warm (use a fastpass if necessary). I got soaked on a rapids ride at California adventure last year and it was 4pm here---almost sunset. Brrr. It may be warm in the day but nights can get cool.

Have a great trip!

4. Re: Chriistmas in Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 19:17