We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swan or Dolphin ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford CT USA
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Swan or Dolphin ?

We had a wonderful first trip to Disney the beginning of August and can not wait to go back. I have a lot of Starwood points that I can use for a week at the Swan or Dolphin and was wondering if there is any real difference between the two. The reviews on this site have them pretty much even. Any thoughts on which is better?

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swan or Dolphin ?

we stayed at one for a work conference - we had a choice - I think it ended up being the dolphin

the pools are closer to one hotel than the other, so check out the location - otherwise you walk along a long bridge divider between the two

the only time we went to the swan was for the sushi / kareoke lounge

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swan or Dolphin ?

The Dolphin is much bigger than the Swan, has a big, attractive lobby with with a piano player every night, more and better restaurants, more shops, more rooms with great views, more rooms with balconies, more dramatic architecture, more facilities (Disney Guest Services desk, spa, children's club, etc.) and generally a more bustling feel. The Dolphin is also slightly closer to the main pool area, but not enough to really be a deciding factor. However, the Dolphin's rooms have two double beds (or 1 king), and the bathroom is very small, with only one sink, out in the dressing area.

The Swan is a smaller hotel, with a very small lobby. The public areas have a much calmer, more understated and sedate feel. The rooms have an edge over the Dolphin, because they have 2 queen (or 1 king) beds, seem just a tiny bit larger, and have a better bath area, with two sinks - one in the bath area itself, and one outside in the smaller dressing area.

I have stayed at both many times over the years. While I prefer the Dolphin, the Swan is also very nice - it just depends on what features appeal to you the most. Whichever you choose, I am sure you will have a great time!

3. Re: Swan or Dolphin ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 23:19