We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Launches and Stuff

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Night Launches and Stuff

I drove to Titusville yesterday on business and my car broke down in the Burger King parking lot next to Space View Park. How is that for a coincidence? At any rate with an hour wait for the AAA tech I took advantage of the time to wander around the park. The car started right up once he arrived and I drove it back to the dealer who fixed it.

The Burger King does stay open all night on night launches. The CVS pharmacy across the street is open 24 hours normally. The 7/11 down the street is also open 24 hours. Given that you should probably wait an hour or so before attempting to leave, you might wish to eat before you drive home.

When I went see the launch I arrived well before the launch and got a great place to watch from. Wandering around yesterday, I realized that there are not that many good places to watch from because of the gorgeous tall trees. However, if you find that Space View Park is full, you can go south along US 1 and there are other options. In addition, you can follow the signs to the Merritt Island National Sea Shore. Along the causeway there are other places to watch from.

Keep in mind that you can see a night launch from anywhere in central Florida that has a clear view to the east. Once you get over the trees, the view will be great where ever you are.

CTR

Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Launches and Stuff

CTR, Sorry that you broke down yesterday...I go to that Burger KIng alot for potty breaks. I work in Home Health in Titusville...

Just some info...on launch days you cannot cross the causeway to the cape unless you have a launch pass or an employee badge. The post a guard right after the visitors center.

Space View Park gets crowded very early but there are alot of other palces. Okay...I'll share a tip. Go South on US 1 from Burger King. There is a Community Educators Credit Union after you pass Villiage Inn..behind the Credit Union there is a house that no one lives in and alot of locals view the launch from there.

Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Launches and Stuff

Also..there is a park on North Merritt Island called Kars Park. It's directly on the river just before you get onto KSC. They charge 5-10 per car on launch day to enter and from what I was told have burgers, hotdogs, and drinks too. This would be a great spot to watch the launch. Just be ready for some serious traffic to get off of the island but you'll have that anywhere you go...

3. Re: Night Launches and Stuff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 21:19