We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh @ Dolphin

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh @ Dolphin

Has anyone eaten here? We just booked a lunch and I know nothing of this restaurant...which is kind of unusual for me! :P It's next to impossible to find a restaurant that's open for lunch outside the parks (i.e. no park admission) that's either a) one I like or b) doesn't just serve sandwiches/burgers. So...I'd like to get people's opinions on this one :)

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

Anyone? There's practically no reviews of it on All Ears...and the ones that are there are from when it was a Buffet. And I did a search on the DIS boards, but surprise! the word "fresh" is fairly common :P

I'm open to other suggestions as well. Here's the skinny on what we're looking for: We booked this for after the Yultide Tour, so a late lunch. My lil bro's (not so lil really) AP expires in Nov, and he's leaving the country for 6 months in Jan, so he won't renew it until he comes back...he is a FL resident. Only looking for spending the one day, the morning is spend on the tour, so we don't really want to get him a new pass to eat IN the park. We don't really want to eat at say, the ESPN Zone or similar. We'd like something a little nicer, something more than just burgers or sandwiches. Pretty much we'll eat sandwiches (or Christmas dinner leftovers) when we get back home that evening for dinner...so lunch will be our big meal here. We'd like to keep it ON Disney property somewhere so it doesn't take too long to get to, as we'll probably be starving by the time the tour is over :) Kona Cafe is out, GF Cafe is a possibility, but we had bad service for breakfast last time we were there, which is why we're looking for something new.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,979 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

Kat- why not try getting the first sitting for dinner instead of the late lunch.

I never realized how few places offer lunch outside of the park. Fultans looked the best to me if I had to choose. I looked after reading your post.

Good Luck deciding.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

I've been to Fresh for breakfast several times, but not lunch. I understandand they only recently started serving an a la carte lunch.

Breakfast is good here, if that helps.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

I know! Isn't it surprising??

My parents & I LOVE seafood...my brother...not so much. And since this is probably the last thing we'll do as a family for a while, I want to find something that all 4 will like. Which is not as easy as I thought it would be :P ...I don't do spicy, so HoB, Bongos, etc all out.

And I (think) suggested an early dinner, but since we won't be going into the parks, my Mom & I decided lunch would be better. Don't have to try and fill those hours in between.

We're contemplating getting a 4-day PH for my brother that he can use during his break from school. They have a FL resident deal on it apparently. In that case, I made a seating at Japan under my name (Fresh is under my Mom's...don't worry, we cancel what we don't use in advance!) and it's taken care of :)

This turned into much more of a project than I thought! Soooo many resort restaurants don't do lunch, it's amazing!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,979 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

You could cheat on disney and go to citywalk. You actually can probably have all 4 of you go to one of the universal parks for the price os the 4 day park hopper.

Fultons and not liking seafood is not a good idea. I can not eat shellfish, which is why we wont eat at Fultons.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

Haha...thanks Macs...funny thing is if we go to City Walk, we'll eat at Margaritaville & have burgers...we're all huge Parotheads :) But that's the only reason we venture over there, we're not particularly fond of Universal! Also, by the time we get there, we'll all be starving

And WDWDolphinFan, that helps a bit. The only reviews I CAN find are on the breakfast! Would love to hear someone on the lunch :/ We're kind of adventurous...if people have said it's good, we'll try it...not sure if we'll stick with it if I don't hear any reviews on the lunch (not buffet...) Might switch to GF Cafe or just decide to do burgers at the ESPN Zone or something...we'll figure it out I'm sure :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,979 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

We have not ventured to Universal yet, but I would pick Margaritaville or Pat O'Briens if I went.

Keep asking I am sure someone has been there, several posters have stayed at the swan or dolphin.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

We're not looking at doing this until December, so I'll probably bump it up a few times between now and then :)

9. Re: Fresh @ Dolphin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 18:20