We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hi, Just wondered if anyone had heard anything back from their Atol claim??? Its been 3 weeks now and we've not even had a letter to acknowledge they are dealing with claims. Sent our claim form recorded delivery and also checked to see if it had been delivered a few days after posting - and it had. Anyone had a letter of acknowledgement - wont worry (as much) if everyone else is in the same boat!

Thanx in advance for your response x

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hiya, I posted this yesterday and guess what - someone, somewhere must have heard me!!!!! This morning in the post I received a letter from the CAA - to acknowledge the safe receipt of my claim, to ensure that I will be updated on its status soon (but it may take longer than anticipated - however long that was!) and to ask politley if customers could refrain from calling/emailing the CAA whilst they are dealing with this.

Just thought I'd pass on and let whom ever this concerned know.

Cheers x

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

We sent our claim in on the the 15th Sept so decided to give them a phone.

I spoke to them last Friday, the guy I spoke to was very polite but did say that they had over 200,000 claims to deal with.

He went on to say that hopefully we would receive an acknowledgement letter very shortly, this would then be followed up with another letter giving us information how things will be paid out.

He would not commit to anything else but asked us to be patient.

So to date, we have no acknowledgement letter.

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hi MadScotsMan - we sent our claim on the 19th Sept and got our reply back this morn - like you we were on the verge of calling them to enquire. The letter pretty much says what you've been told by the CAA tho - hopefully we will here soon about our refund!!!!

I hope your acknowledgement letter arrives soon.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

We had acknowledgement in October - but to date have heard nothing else. Anyone know how long this will take?

East Midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hi. I sent forms off in September, had an acknowledgement in October, asking us not to ring. Now 31 December, still heard nothing. I am out of pocket and paying interest on this, which I will not get back. Anyone anywhere had their money back yet?

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hi

We sent in all our info on the 15th Sept got an acknowledgement 11th Oct.

Money was in our bank by the 24th Nov.

Would recommend that you phone just in case. I know that some people have been told there paperwork has not been received.

Other people have had money paid into there bank account without any acknowledgment.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Ok Thanks No money not paid into out bank account - a big amount so I would surely notice it. I will chase them for this. Thanks for your advice.

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hi ness19

Know what you mean about large amount ours was £5900 so quite a lot.

Best wishes and hope everything works out soon

All the best for New Year

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hi Everyone,

We received our money back (minus a £70 insurance fee which could not be refunded) about two weeks ago - the letter we received was a little delayed in arriving looking at the date it had been wrote to the date we received it and when we checked the money had been paid in!

Whoooppppeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

East Midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone heard bout Atol Claim yet??????

Hi Madscotsman and Shell57 - thanks for your advice and good wishes. I will chase them up when the offices open again. Thank you again and Happy New Year.

Ness19