We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money saving tip

michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
money saving tip

A month or two ago I booked via the web the Sheraton Vistana Villages 1BR villa for $129/night. I recently re-checked rates and saw the same room on a different site for $99. Called the 800 number for Sheraton and got it for $89/night. I saved $180 total for the 4 nights! Keep checking rates up until the week before you travel. You may find a better deal! By the way, I do the same thing with car rentals as they often lower their rates!

pa
Level Contributor
54,209 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: money saving tip

Nice Tip, Thanks :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,449 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money saving tip

That's a terrific savings too!!

I've heard good things about Vistana Villages, so be sure to write us a T.R. when you return.

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money saving tip

hi, this might sound like a silly question, but do you book and then cancel and book again at the new rate?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: money saving tip

Thats a great deal, and its quiet time right now which is great for you, HOWEVER! Vistana is a timeshare... are you sure you won't be required to attend a presentation? Just something to be aware of or check into.

michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money saving tip

I did have to cancel and then re-book so this DOES NOT WORK if you have a cancellation penalty. I am not required to attend a presentation although I hear that they are somewhat persistent about asking you to attend. I have no intentions of going to a timeshare meeting. (Why would I when I can get the hotel for $89/night?)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,139 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money saving tip

I went to the 'tour desk' at Cypress Pointe after check in. I told them that in no universe would I ever consider timeshare. They didn't bother me the whole trip (the prev trip I got calls all the time for a TS presentation).

Try this aproach. Don't forget dinner at Bahama Breeze across the road.

7. Re: money saving tip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 15:16