We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philly
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

Need advise on my itinerary. WE are going with our kids - 2 1/2 and 5 yrs to Orlando dec 8th week and planned on spending 3 days at the parks- 2 at Magic Kingdom and 1 at EPCOT . I saw the Mickey's Christmas party info , and believe if u buy a ticket for that you can enter magic kingdom at 4 pm and stay till midnight.

Would it be better to do 1 day EPCOT, I full day MAGIC KINGDOM and 1 day Mickeys Christmas Party instead ?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,749 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

That might be an good option for you...if the kids can stay up the entire time (till midnight). If they can't stay awake that late, you might be better off with two day visits.

Have you compared the cost of doing 2-day theme park + 1 party night tickets as compared to 3-day theme park tickets yet? Might be a good idea if cost is a problem.

Make sure the party night you want to attend isn't yet sold out as well.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

I have considered doing the same for our trip next year as I think it will be a good option to do. I thought we could spend a nice easy day perhaps a swim or something then just buy tickets for the party and go in at 4pm staying till late. Mine are older than yours but im sure if you had an easy day and made time for a decent nap in bed at the hotel they would be fine.

philly
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

Thanks for your promot reply, you really seem to be a DESTINATION EXPERT!! :)

Yes cost iS A big onsideration - but cost of either option right now works almost the same.

I know my kids would be ok (with an afternoon nap) till 11 pm atleast. I have read mixed reviews of the Christmas party - so wondering how to make my decision.

Also, in my tight budget ,I was hoping to sneak in a Character meal if possible- any suggestions.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,749 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

I didn't think there would be too much difference in cost, but maybe a small amount.

I've never personally been to the Xmas party, but those who have here on T.A. just rave about it, especially for the kids.

CALLING ALL FORMER MICKEY'S XMAS PARTY GOERS: Please write your experiences here for SMR06.

As for a character meal, you may have waited too long to plan for one. I would give Disney Dining a call and just see what they may have left for vacancies on your dates as you choices may be very limited if any are available at all: (407) WDW-DINE.

You see, that week you are visiting is Pop Warner week and there's lots of extra folks around the Disney property as a result (I'll be arriving on Dec. 8th as well, but not for Pop Warner). I've tried to call myself for a dinner reservation within the last month and can't find anything available, but keep trying as cancellations happen all the time.

I was personally hoping to get into Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner show on Dec. 8th, but all 3 shows are booked solid already.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

I would go with the two-day plus party plan. That's exactly what we're going to do next year, when we take my sister. I wrote a review of MVMCP last year. Here's the link, if you're interested:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d1433…

North Carolina
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

warning!!!!!! we have been to disneyworld about 10 times now and on one of our last visits we decided to go to the very merry christmas party and boy o boy what a mistake. first, they say they limit the tickets but it seemed like a typical BUSY day in the park. now please don't get me wrong i LOVE disneyworld but i think this party is blown way out of proportion. it was sooooooooooo busy that night that we could not even get a cookie (the lines were too long) and this was during the 1st week of december too. i highly recommend you spend the money for another day at a park. now i have forwarned several friends and coworkers of this and they still went but ALL said they would never go again. especially with your kids being so young. one of my coworkers had 3 boys around your childrens age and the kids had a terrible time. it was so busy they were scared.

yes, you can get in around 4 and stay until midnight which is what we did but we got so fed up with the crowds we left around 9 p.m. ish.

if you do decide to go i hope you do have alot of fun but please be advised IT WILL BE VERY BUSY!!!!!

scotland
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

We are 2 adults who thought it would be a good idea to visit the christmas party however after reading the reviews I am unsure as to if we should. Anyone who has been would you attend without children.

Our kids are now adults and won't coming over to the villa with us this time

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

I love the party. My husband and I went last year, without children and will return this year, again, just the two of us.

9. Re: DISNEY Itinerary help- Mickey's Christmas party an option?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 15:16