We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Florida??

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
508 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
UK to Florida??

I have a question for all those travelling from the UK to Orlando. Who do you book with for flights and accommodation? Do you book with a travel agents or seperately? Hotel or villa? Would you mind sharing prices and what you get for that (and number in party etc)?

We are thinking of a week in Orlando and then a beach-week (area undecided as present)

Sorry for the mass of questions, we're just getting started on the planning!

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Florida??

well i booked my flights through american holidays, 3 adults and 1 child for £1400. I booked start of March for this Dec28th for 2 weeks. Booked my villa myself online £1000. That is about it so far.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Florida??

We've booked ours as a package. Hotel, car hire, flights with BA, 2 adults 1 child (9 years old). Total £1758.00. 2 weeks. I thought this was good, considering flights separately with BA are £500-600 EACH. Staying in great hotel too, in Kissemmee,close to all parks.

Cant recommend looking into doing separately as not checked into it. Went along with our friends plans, who've now had to cancel, but feel we've got good deal. Our first luxury holiday ever.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Florida??

Normally book seperately. Here are some websites I use which may help you check prices etc:

airlinenetwork.com

virginatlantic.com

alpharooms.com

Hope this helps you.

Horsham, England
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Florida??

We normally book with Virgin holidays. . .for two adults its £240 deposit then you can pay in instalments with a debit card any time you like, balance needs to be clear 8 weeks before. Perfect for a budget. I imagine most companies do that, i know when we booked with Thomas Cook we just took a bit of cash in each pay day and paid it that way.

Also if you go to Virgin Holidays webiste and scroll down on the opening page you will see a pic with Mockey Mouse and it says "News of the world" offer. It has some great prices for next year.

We are going in November and it cost us about £2000 for two adults and a 16 month old (though she is quite big so we paid the child price rather than infant to get her a seat, this is staying at All Star resort in Disney for two weeks, just flight and accomodation, plus free transfers.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,426 posts
2,103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to Florida??

Used travel agents.

Airline network and travelcounsellors and played them off gainst each other for the best deal.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK to Florida??

We booked flights with Virginatlantic.com, during their late summer sale- just under £1000 for 2 adults and 1 child. Accommodation through alpharooms.com, 14 nights at Floridays Resort for £979, and car through floridacarhire £272 for 14 days fully inclusive premium vehicle. That's a shade over £2200 for everything.

Virginholidays were quoting £3329, Thomsons £3160, Firstchoice £3478. Travelrepublic were the closest for complete package at £2494, but that was flying with Thomas cook into SFB, so that was the end of that.

Do your homework, and price up both, and then you'll be in a better postion to bargain.

I tried travelcouncellors, and they were very helpful, but completely ignored my preferences to Scheduled flights and decent accommodation, instead, trying to peddle charter flights and 3 star accommodation, which we didn't want.

lancashire
Level Contributor
867 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: UK to Florida??

We booked with VA on line for 2 adult flights from Manchester this November - £900.

17 days care hire with usrentacar (gold insurance) - £270

16 nights in a villa booked directly with owner - £775

London
Level Contributor
188 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UK to Florida??

I always check the tour operators websites first and price the holiday up that way then look seperately at flights and hotels.

Like yesterday I was looking I checked Thomson, First Choice, Thomas Cook, Virgin and Cosmos and Expedia then I checked flight only prices with them. Then went to direct to hotel website I wanted to stay in and got a price then searched alpharooms, travel republic, sunhine.co.uk.

Got the price down to £674 each for 2 of us in the end for 14 nights in May 09.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: UK to Florida??

Hi Brandycat,

I think you just need to trawl all the sites to make an imformed decision :O/

We booked in January with virgin holidays for a package. 2 adults and 2 children £1895 for 2 weeks on I drive. Free car hire ( we took the free transfer tho).Nov 13th to 27th which i booked online on virgins website.As i recall we paid £130 each for the deposit.

All the prices seem to have shot up tho as our choice wasnt the cheapest.

I hope you find something which suits you and your family, the beach part sound great :O)

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UK to Florida??

I always book with the travel agent as it makes you as safe as you can be.This year we booked with the CO-OP travel but our other visits were booked through going places we had spent over £23.0000 with them and we were going to book again with them for a big party and they wouldnt give us any discount so thats why we changed our travel agent.Anyhow we got a return flight with virgin and a hotel called the wynfield inn with Bed and Breakfast for 2 adults and 3 kids in january which is still warm and sometimes hot for £2000 pretty good.There are other familys coming with us and they got a good price to .