We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Well today was loooooong and it's not even over. I left Baton Rouge around 3:30 AM CDT and got to the Super 8/Kissimmee/Maingate around 1:30 PM EDT. I feel like it should be around midnight!

We booked this hotel at the beginning of August as a part of Super 8's $8.88 promotion. With taxes and all we're paying $11.10/night. We'll be here two nights and then in a two bedroom at Celebration World resort for a week.

It's really not bad at all. I mean it's no Polynesian but, come on, $11.10 vs $300+/night is nothing to sneeze at. This Super 8 is clean and fairly newly renovated. It even has a flat screen!

The area (Kissimmee, east of Disney)is just okay. The hotel is actually in a huge parking lot that services a Bennigan's and Dennys. I went to WalMart here (UGH! I hate WalMart but Scott had $20 left on a gift card we needed to use.) to pick up perishables and once you pass the Old Town area heading east on 192 the ugly picks up fast. Lots of run down motels that rent by the week and many closed down business although the head shop seemed to be doing well!

Well, back to the August trip report. If y'all even remember it!

Jennifer

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Yeah I remember. Have a great trip.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Jen, tomorrow night (thurs) is BIKE NITE at Old town... worth a chuckle! 9pm parade I think, Karaoke bar gets a lil rowdy after that as well as the mechanical bull.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Uh, yeah, we remember. And we are anxiously awaiting the next installment!

Enjoy this trip, but don't forget to finish the other report!

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Jsmla, That is so not fair, you shouldnt be allowed to go to Disney AGAIN when you havent even finished your first trip report. I will get all confused.lol

Caz Essex X

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

I agree with caz. I'm going to get mixed up !

Ok, well have a Swell Time at the Super 8, glad it's clean and it has a Flat Screen, nice touch, altho you may be sleeping soon and not able to enjoy it

I am ready now for the rest of August, go on then :)

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Actually the Super 8 chain represents very good value for money . And the one mentioned is is a good position for a number of restaurants. the other one a bit further east is also in a nice place backing onto Lake Ciciel We have had some good Nights in Super 8 better than HJ or any of the Days I have ever been in and substantially cheaper. One in Las Vegas just off the strip was a fab places for $26 a room. while my my son paid $110 at Luxor for not that much better. and route march from the car park.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

ladyem,

There's about 30 bikes parked behind Bennigan's right now! I can see them from my parking spot. Are they going to be circling the motel on Thursday? Just when I was feeling so smug about my deal too.

I do like karaoke though!

Jennifer

BTW: NO elevator here. I had to drag my huge ice chest up the stairs. If you don't like stairs request the ground floor.

J

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

I was just looking on Alpha Rooms and the nightly price is £39.55, so you got a briliant deal at $11.10

Caz Essex X

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Jenn, we got a great AAA rate the Super 8 for our visit in November - something like $35.00 per night - and the reviews are decent - I'm glad for your sake (and for mine!) that it is clean and that you got there ok.

Can you answer some questions for me - is there wi-fi in the rooms? and what does the breakfast consist of?

Thanks!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Slummin' it at the Super 8 (Live!)

Yes to the wi-fi and it's FREE!!!!!!!! Haven't had breakfast yet but they have a few tables set up in the lobby. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Also, we don't seem to have an iron or ironing board in our room. I don't know if that's the norm or not.

J