We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queuing with an infant

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester UK
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Queuing with an infant

When we travel this year we are taking my 1 year old nephew with us. On some of the rides there will always be someone who will not be going on....i.e..the coasters my mum will look after him. But there are rides we all want to go on...but my nephew can't...i.e Sourin. Can we all queue together then when we get to the front...half go on whilst some stay back with the infant, then when they come off hand him over and the other half go on the ride. Never taken an infant before so not sure what (if any) systems are in place.

Thanks.

Horsham, England
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Queuing with an infant

Alot of rides to a thing called "parent swap" or child swap, anyway you just need to speak to a cast member at the front of the ride and they will tell you if you can do it, when you get to the front the first part of the group get on and you stay back with your nephew, then when they have done the ride you pass your nephew to them and you ride.

I dont think it is available on all rides though, hopefully someone else on here can provide some details,

Cheers, have a good one

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queuing with an infant

I think you will be able to do the child swap on all of the rides that you would like to. It works well, and you do not have to wait again on the line.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queuing with an infant

Thanks guys. I thought they'd have something in place. My mum is in a wheelchair (she can walk,but is having a hip replacement in December) and the with my baby nephew its not so straightforward, but Disney is so fantastic and accommodating.

Thanks for the replies.

4. Re: Queuing with an infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 22:18