We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive or take the buses to the parks?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
Level Contributor
783 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Drive or take the buses to the parks?

We are hiring a car for the full 2 weeks. Should we drive or teke the buses to the parks? which is easier?

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

Where are you staying?

cumbria
Level Contributor
783 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

Port orleans riverside

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

Take the buses. If you take your car, you will have to pay for parking. I am not sure what it is up to now, but it is over $10.00.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

Some people can't **bear** even the thought of

- having to wait (for a bus) even if for only a few minutes

- having to share "air" with other people in a confined space and/or the sounds they may make, even if only for a few minutes. Note that, especially at closing times, buses are very, very full. But trip times are typically only around 10-15 minutes.

If you are such a person, then you surely must drive. If not, then there's no point whatsoever in using gasoline and paying for car parks......

pa
Level Contributor
53,812 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

There is no Parking Fee if you are staying at a Disney Resort but the Bus and Boat Transport is Free and will drop you off right at the Gate, one of the nice Perks of using the Disney Transportation. If you drive the car you will not be right at the Gate, no where is this more true then at Magic Kingdom, you will have to take the Monorail or Ferry over once you have Parked in the Very Large Parking Lot. We never rent a car when staying at a Disney Resort and get along just fine using the Disney Transportation :)

denver, co
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

If you are staying at a disney resort, you can park at all of the theme parks for free. I personally like taking the buses. They just make it nice and relaxing for me. I don't like to have to look for signs, find a parking spot and wait for the tram, or walk all the way in, remember where I parked, etc.

Now some people will say that they do not like taking the bus. They do not like waiting in line, or I'm not sure why else. I would suggest you try a day of each, and see which is right for you.

Except for the Magic Kingdom, which is always easier to take the bus to. The bus drops you off at the main gate, and if you drive, you have to park at the ticketing and transporation center, then get on a boat or monorail over to the park.

Either way, you end up at the Happiest place on earth!!!! Have fun !

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

We just got back from staying at All Star Music. We looked when entering the parks, and it is posted $12 for parking. We had a rental for one day, when we went to the beach, and could have driven it to MK, but the folks at Music convinced us that it would be much faster and easier by bus, because there are seperate lanes for buses, and they drop off in front of the gate. Cars have to park out a ways, and take the tram.

Another vote for using the buses.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

A lot of people here probably know where I stand but I like my car. Even if I'm staying on property I drive almost everywhere. My car, my AC, my music, my ice chest full of cold drinks, etc. I even started timing our commutes and the car beat the bus probably 75% of the time, even to the Magic Kingdom. Besides, my car fetish keeps my backside off the bus and leaves more space for the rest of y'all!

Jennifer

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

I'm a big fan of the Disney transportation system, too, BUT...Port Orleans Riverside's buses always have the longest lines and are the most crowded. Last year, after a long day at Epcot, we waited in line through three bus loads of passengers to get back to POR. If this would be an issue for you, take you car. Parking is FREE at all the Disney theme parks for all Disney resort guests.

10. Re: Drive or take the buses to the parks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 21:19