We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds down?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Crowds down?

Do we think that numbers will be down significantly next year?

For the first time, I have lucked out, having booked in May for next April, and having bought all my dollars, and paid for room at Universal, when $ was at 1.98. If crowds aren't down as well then despite my good fortune I'm gonna be miffed.

Also am holding out for Disney to drop ticket prices (not their crummy £10 cheaper 2 week ticket) which will be the icing on the cake. What're the odds on McScrooge helping out the poor customer?

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,680 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds down?

The likelihhod that Disney will cut their ticket prices is zero. Expect them to raise the prices at least once or twice. Crowds are not ever that bad in April except around Easter and weekends

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds down?

I think visitation will be down some, but not significantly.

BTW, my nephew just got back from WDW during Jersey Week, and he said it was very crowded, especially on the weekend days. They were at WDW from 11/5 until 11/10.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds down?

I was also at WDW Jersey weekend and the crowds were in no way huge. In fact I wondered what all the fuss about Jersey week was. Generally business is down even the cab drivers are complaining about the lack of customers.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowds down?

Maybe the measure of huge crowds is simply a point of view. I don't know what my nephew actually encountered for wait times, but he was saying 40 to 50 minutes in some cases.

For me, since I've been so spoiled to going off season, any que line over 10 minutes long seems crowded to me.

England
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowds down?

We last went in February, and for 'no' waiting times it couldn't be beaten.

Heard nothing but horror stories of 2 hour waits for Easter and hoping that it will be considerably less...just wishful thinking?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowds down?

Whether the crowds will be down is directly related to when you will be here in April. If it around Easter, I don't think that they will be down at all.

As to Disney dropping ticket prices, I think you stand a better chance of meeting up with Prince Charles when he is here holidaying next year then Disney dropping their prices.

pa
Level Contributor
53,836 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Crowds down?

Disney is offering alot of Deals for Vacation Packages to keep the Resorts filled but individual Ticket Prices won't change. If you want to get a discount on Disney Tickets, your best bet, IMO, is to at least sign up for the Newsletter at www.mousesavers.com and you can get the discount code for Tickets at www.undercovertourist.com on the 15th of each month

If you are going the Thursday before Easter until the Sunday after Easter, it will be crowded no matter what the Price of the Resorts or the Tickets, it always is. But it is less crowded then Christmas Week, if that helps any :)

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crowds down?

i was there 30th oct to 13 nov and never waited more than 2o min for rides even on weekends,some said 2omin wait but we actually walked straight on,i might be odd but i actually think queuing up is all part off the fun?

England
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crowds down?

A leisurely queue to get on a ride is part of the fun and builds anticipation, but, needing a sleeping bag is not...

10. Re: Crowds down?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 22:17