We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining at Disney Questions

San Diego
Level Contributor
4,982 posts
323 reviews
Save Topic
Dining at Disney Questions

Perhaps I'm a bit of an innocent, since I have now been reading this forum a bit - ready for our trip next week. Are there any restaurants that do not take reservations? We have none - so should I be concerned? If you do not can you go and wait? It will just be the 2 of us - no kids. We are in town for a basketball tourney which will be at the the Sports Complex (Old Spice Classic). Was thinking we'd like somewhere fun and good to eat on Friday night - perhaps in Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk - any suggestions? Is it too late to call for reservations? We are not doing the dining plan.

Thanks for any advice.

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,467 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining at Disney Questions

Well, you should be concerned if you plan on eating table service meals at Disney and you don't have any reservations. Chances of getting in are slim without them, especially for popular venues.

All table-service restaurants take reservations at Disney. Only counter service places don't.

Some restaurants at DTD like Rainforest Cafe and the new T-Rex place don't take ressies, but the wait times can be 2 hours or more. If you go to the Boardwalk, you might try ESPN Zone or Big River Grille.

You can certainly call for ressies if you wish, but don't be surprised if there's no opening at this late a date.

Mentioned in this post
T-Rex Cafe
T-Rex Cafe
10,818 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Rainforest Cafe
Rainforest Cafe
6,913 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining at Disney Questions

I wouldn't give up on getting reservations somewhere, and I would recommend an evening at the Boardwalk. You might try Spoodles or the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk, although they might be hard to get, you never know - I've landed a prime dining time at the Flying Fish on just 3 days' notice. I'm pretty sure you could still get reservations at any of the restaurants at the Swan or Dolphin, which are next door to the Boardwalk, and connected by a short, scenic walkway. The Dolphin has Bluezoo, a very contemporary seafood restaurant by a famous chef, and the Swan has the recently opened Il Mulino. Neither of these are cheap, but I'll bet you could still get in there, and they are both very suitable for adult-only dining. (I can vouch for Bluezoo, but haven't tried Il Mulino.) Check out menus and pictures at www.allearsnet.com.

Mentioned in this post
Flying Fish
Flying Fish
1,484 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Il Mulino
Il Mulino
926 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining at Disney Questions

Call Disney now to see what you can get!

for other options there is www.opentable.com

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,868 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining at Disney Questions

The Disney restaurants all take reservations and it is probably too late to get any now-people do cancel but they rarely take walk ups so keep callling. Friday night is going to be tough. www.opentable.com is a good idea for non-disney places. Or try a call to the Disney dining line and see what is available-as long as you're flexible,you should be able to get something.

San Diego
Level Contributor
4,982 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining at Disney Questions

Thanks for your suggestions and information.

I actually called the Disney reservation line and actually there is some good availability for Friday 11/28 at several of the restaurants we were considering. So seems like all is good.

Also I did forget to mention we have 2 friends who will be joining us for part of the time and they were interested in Bongo's Cuban Cafe. I had to call them directly and apparently they are 1st come 1st served unless you have 20 or more people in your party.

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining at Disney Questions

there are some that you can just go into -alot do take reservations-but even if you can't find what you want have the disney folks help you once you get there.

7. Re: Dining at Disney Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 12:19