We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

Can anyone recommend a "must go to" restaurant at Disney's HS and Epcot for two adults? My husband and I will be there in two weeks and would like to have a nice dinner at both places. We've been to Mama Melrose's (not sure if that's the name) at HS and loved it, but we've never been to Epcot. I don't want to say that money is no object but we would like someplace nice. It's our first vacation without kids in 7 years so we would like to have a nice, leisurely dinner! Thank you!

WV
Level Contributor
566 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

For two adults....

At Disney Hollywood Studios, my favorite is Brown Derby.

At Epcot, I would give Le Cellier a go.

Mrsg7176

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

Le Cellier can be hard to get into on short notice - lunch might be available, even if dinner is full.

Chefs de France is good. Coral Reef is a neat setting but the food is not equal to the price. You can leave Epcot through the International Gateway and take the boat (or walk) to the Yacht Club resort for a nice dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Mama Melrose is my personal favorite at Disney's Hollywood Studios but you might also consider the Brown Derby.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

At Epcot, for 2 adults, I would recommend the San Angel Inn in Mexico. Ask for a table overlooking the water. It is romantic.

Also Chefs de France is good for 2 adults.

And I also agree with Le Cellier in Canada.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

I've never eaten there, but have looked longingly at the San Angel Inn, inside the big pyramid in Mexico. It is SO romantic looking! Check menus and prices of all the restaurants here:

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm#epc

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,957 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

Brown Derby at HS . Epcot has so many...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

Oh, we LOVE Mexican food so the Mexican restaurant sounds wonderful and romantic! We've never been to Epcot so we're debating if there is enough there to make it worth our while. We're going to HS strictly for the Aerosmith ride, Tower of Terror and Toy Story, but not sure if Epcot has enough "rides" to make it worth upgrading to a park hopper pass. Thanks for the referrals!

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

Epcot is wonderful! It's really two parks in one, and there is more than enough to keep you busy for a day. Soarin', in the Future World section, is one of, if not THE best rides of all of Orlando! And most people love Test Track and Mission Space, although the latter is not for the faint of heart! And the live and audio-animatronic entertainment is second to none! Go; you'll love it!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

At Epcot, Chefs de France or Le Cellier if you can get in...

For something really nice (and just a bit different)if you're willing to leave Epcot, check out Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Their website is: …go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail…

Because it's labeled African cuisine and is just a little bit upscale (but worth it), a lot of people are skittish about going there. My wife and I tried it and loved it. The staff is very friendly and really knows their menu -- are more than welcome to describe various dishes and help you pick something suited to your taste. And they recommended an African wine that I absolutely fell in love with, even though I haven't been able to find it since I got home.

Sometimes you can get in on short notice without a reservation....but I'd make one just to be on the safe side.

For a quiet, enjoyable, "different" kind of adult dinner, Jiko is the place.

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

good luck getting reservations anywhere--this dinning thing is a real drag! all the recomendations are good but your chances of getting reservations is slim to none!

but one of the operators mention a few of the high end places still had a few openings-depending on your times you might try Narcosse's it is at a resort so you don't need park admission. in mgm you can try for the brown derby.

but get on the phone asap and get a few late lunches or early dinners (good times to maybe get in) and have a good time!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Disney parks...

Our two favorites are: Brown Derby, at HS and Bistro de Paris, in Epcot. Bistro is upstairs, overlooking world showcase. Try to book it, during Illuminations. It is quite beautiful and very romantic.

Both venues are high end and tend to have last minute availability. Food and service are fabulous!

Enjoy your grwon-up holiday!