We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida School Summer Hols?

London, United...
Level Contributor
649 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Florida School Summer Hols?

Hiya, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me when the local (Kissimmee/Orlando) school children break up for their summer holidays next year and how long for, Thanks in advance, Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

Try the link below and search under school calendars. This will work for any school county in florida.

www.osceola.k12.fl.us/

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

The kid's last day is June 3rd. They go back the third Monday of August.

London, United...
Level Contributor
649 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

Thank you both so much, just want to plan my days around it as i know it will more than likely be very busy. The School holidays over here are from late July Till The Begginning of Sept.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

I would go the last week of August or the in September (trying to avoid Labor Day). Our schools in Northern US, go back around Labor Day but most do not travel right before school starts and they stick close to home for labor day picnics.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

LondonDolphin Lover, in 2007 my husband and I were in Orlando from August 18th - Sept 1st and found the parks to be really uncrowded. By getting to the parks early and using fastpass, we only had to queue once or twice (and that was when there was a problem with the ride). I think a lot of the school kids have gone back (or are getting ready to go back) to school at that stage.

For next year, we have booked August 22nd-Sept 5th, so I'm hoping that will be even more quiet. Don't forget though, this is prime hurricane season in Orlando, so it's a bit of a gamble foing at this time!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
158 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

We've been in late August and yes - the crowds are pretty light. The only downsides are that, even if there are no hurricanes, you're likely to encounter some heavy rain, although that can happen at any time of year so I guess it's not too much of a consideration.

The other thing is that, as soon as the American kids go back to school, Disney starts to wind down a bit - certain rides will close for refurb and parades, etc may not happen every day, so you need to get hold of a weekly schedule and plan which parks to visit on which day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
649 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

Thanks for the replies, looks like we will have a busy time when we go, We are going 27th June till 11th July 09, counting down the weeks and cannot w8. This will be our 2nd time To Florida n Disney, our 1st time was End Sep 07 and everything was great, Especially the weather and the parks were about as full as any UK theme parks. 28 + 1/2 weeks to go. YAY!!! Wendy x

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
8. Re: Florida School Summer Hols?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 11:18