We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
kent
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what to wear and pack in Dec

we are spending two weeks of Dec in Orlando. jsut wonder what to wear and pack? I have a 5 years old.

thanks.

pa
Level Contributor
54,408 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what to wear and pack in Dec

Weather could be iffy. It's been on the cool side this month. Should be in the Low 70s for highs next week but down to mid 50s at night

I recomend dressing in layers. I'd bring some long pants and a jacket, sweater or the like for early mornings and for after the Sun goes down. There should still be plenty of Sunshine and not much rain

Have a Swell Holiday :)

New York
Level Contributor
924 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to wear and pack in Dec

Well, I;m still in Orlando, have been here since last friday,,,I've worn everything from my heavy winter coat at night, to a tank top and shorts. Layers.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
349 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to wear and pack in Dec

December can be tricky. It may be 85 one day and 40 the next. I would bring a little bit of everything. Just in the past 2 days the temps have gone from 83 to 48.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to wear and pack in Dec

Yes I agree with layers, we got back yesterday and our first morning we had to scrape the frost of the rental car and our last afternoon we sat in the sun 85 degrees. The only thing we didn't need was an umbrella! Have fun

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to wear and pack in Dec

In case you haven't picked up on it yet...layer layer layer! It's the same for all the winter months :)

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to wear and pack in Dec

Unfortunately it is a hard thing to pack for. I have had my coat on one day and then I was wearing shorts the next. Layers is the only answer, especially for your child.

7. Re: what to wear and pack in Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 15:16