We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to go?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
when to go?

Please help!

I really need to make a decsion on when I should go. I have read and read, and still can't come to a conclusion. I want to go the last 2 weeks of April or the last week of April and the frist week of May. Someone please help!!

Thanks

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to go?

I would go last week of April, first week of May. Get as far away from Easter crowds as you can! RUN! :P

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to go?

If you can go that last week of April first week of May then go for it. Unless like some (not me) enjoy going when it is crowded. You will miss all spring breaks, I think ours is the 3rd week of April and we are usually the last of the spring breakers.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to go?

So I might miss the crowds if I go the last week of April first week of May. Another question. If I wait and go further into May, the crowds will be more heavy is that correct? Because I think that the orlando schools are in until, what second week of May?

Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: when to go?

I third the recomendation of Last Week April - First week May. Further into May and you'll have Mother's Day and Schools starting to get out

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,348 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to go?

It would be worth checking this year's school calendars. They've been becoming later, thanks to parents unhappy with school beginning in early August.

By late May, Orlando can be very, very hot.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to go?

May 17th seems to be when it will get busy for summer breaks.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: when to go?

I checked touringplans.com for you, they rate each days crowd attendance on a scale of 1-10 (10 being full capacity)

Apr

13th-7

14th-7

15th-7

16th-7

17th-7

18th-7

19th-7

20th-6

21st-5

22nd-5

23rd-6

24th-5

25th-6

26th-6

27th-5

28th-5

29th-5

30th-6

May

1st-4

2nd-7

3rd-8

4th-5

5th-5

6th-5

7th-8

8th-4

9th-8

Hope this is of some help to you in making your decision.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: when to go?

Thank you, that was nice of you!

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: when to go?

Ok I am going to do it. April 21-5. I am not going to stress over this all day today. I can't believe I am stressing over a vacation! How crazy is that??

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: when to go?

It is not stress. It is fun planning. I sometimes think of changing all our plans just to get to start over.