We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of Jan weather

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
828 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
End of Jan weather

After having to cancel our first trip to Disney 3 times to major medical problems, I think we might actually be able to make it by the end of Jan. What will the weather be like? Will it be warm enough for any sustained pool time? We will likely be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of Jan weather

Our weather varies. If the pools are heated you should be ok. Just have a towel ready for when you get out! At the end of Jan the outside weather could be in the 30's. But also could be in the 70-80's. You never know!! If the pool is heated then the kids will get in. (right now our home pool is around 65 and our DD and DNEW will jump in at anytime we let them!!) If our pool were heated they would be in it all the time!! Today it was aroumd 80 outside and tonight it was more like 70-65 outside. That is cold for us but may seem warm to others. Like I said if the pool is heated you will be fine. (My DD and DNEW will jump in our pool today but only for a few mins)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of Jan weather

Check with Vistana that their pool is heated. If not, move elsewhere if you want to use the pool.

Try this link for Jan weather in the area:

weather.com/outlook/…

Belgium
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: End of Jan weather

Look at WWW.CRYSTALBALL.COM ;-) maybe...

More seriously look one week before you go. There's a load of weather sites on the net. Like CNN weather, wunderground, ....

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: End of Jan weather

We go early/mid January almost every year and have experienced anything from the low 80s to the mid 40s for high temps. I too am waiting for our dates (January 7-11) to show up on the web. Even then I've found the forcasts aren't really accurate until around 3-4 days out. January is a tough one to predict.

Jennifer

5. Re: End of Jan weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 04:20