We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

We have a 4 year old in our group that is quite active. I really wonder if a child this young is going to appreciate all that Discovery is going to offer..do I need to worry about her safety??

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

Safety shouldn't be an issue but since he/she can't do the Dolphin swim ( kids have to be 6 years old ) I would recomend waiting to do it another time. There may not be enough to keep him/her busy for the day, IMO

Seaworld on the other hand would be a very Fun day :)

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

I agree with Partypa

I don't think a 4 year old will get full enjoyment out of DC. They will enjoy it, but won't be able to do the dolphin swim... which may lead to feeling left out.

There are other snorkeling things to do too which they probably wouldn't be able to do either.

Any of the other water parks have extensive childrens areas and Aquatica is just across the street

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

My Daughter was 4 when we did Discovery Cove and although she couldn't do the Dolphin swim she did all the snorkelling etc and absolutely loved it! I suppose it would depend on the child and how adventurous they are.

Hope this helps

Emilysmum

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

I agree. DC is a fantastic day out, but it is so expensive I think you should wait a couple of years until your 4 year old can fully appreciate it. Plus as she is too young to do the dolphin swim, this also means that some one else in your party will have to 'miss out' in order to look after her.

Having said all that, there is so much else to do,that if you do decide to go ahead you won't have a problem keeping her entertained - just make sure you save up so you can take her back again when she's old enough to swim with the dolphins!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

You don't have to worry about her safety-they have lifejackets and lifeguards but she is too young to do the Dolphin Swim so it is going to be just an expensive water park. she would probably enjoy it,there's plenty to see,but the main event is the swimming with dolphins and since she can't do it,you have to decide if it's worth the pricey admission just to swim and look around

6. Re: Is a 4 year old going to appreciate Discovery Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 11:19