We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking

York, England
4 posts
Save Topic
Smoking

We are going to Florida in May staying in the Orlando World Center Marriot which is a non smoking hotel and just wondered if you can smoke on the balconies or if there are any designated smoking areas? also when you go into disney can you smoke anywhere or do you have go a whole day without a cigerette! thank you!

belfast
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking

all hotels are no smoking, the parks have smoking areas

josie

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking

Contact the hotel by email- just google them. they will all have Des Smaking areas, but balcony yes or no is a hotel by hotel thing. Many allow it, many don't.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking

Dont know about the Marriot but Disney has designated smoking areas in all the parks and there marked on the free maps each park supplies so no problems there.

You know how to use a computer so e-mail the Marriot to answer that question,

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking

Hi princesspossum

You can not smoke on Your balcony if its a non smoking hotle, only on designated smoking areas.

When entering Disneyworld take a map to see where the smoking is alound only at designated smoking areas. But You will get several cigaretts in the park.

Mutter

5. Re: Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 January 2009, 16:31
isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking

Being a Hotelier i can tell you its a lot lot cheaper on your insurance.

Though in my place its 50/50 with smokng rooms and non smoking .

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking

Hi Nemmisis

I haven´t heard about this in our incurance yet ?

Is it like that in England ?

We only have ten rooms here and only one none smoking. But I think this summer we are turning more rooms over to non smoking.

Mutter

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking

I only have 13 lol im with Norwich Union and if i was totaly non smoking i would get a good discount.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking

Thanks nemmis

I have seen I have gotten something from the incurance company I will look it over and ask them.

Mutter

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking

I have to agree chasm4u. I mean, I can understand WDW constricting smoking to designated areas in the park. Afterall, it's usually crowded and lots of kiddies, so that makes sense. I also can understand prohibiting smoking INSIDE hotel rooms, although I also don't see what the big deal would be in having a few smoking rooms. However, telling someone they can't have a smoke on the balcony of their hotel room is a bit ridiculous. It's outdoors and certainly not is a crowded area, so what's the big deal?