We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

switching resort reservation?

NC
8 posts
Save Topic
switching resort reservation?

I just called and booked POFQ for Feb 7-11, I wanted POR, have been checking website constantly for the last week and POR kept coming up booked, then not booked, and so on, very frustrating really. This morning booked airfare, got a really good deal, so I immediately went on line to look to see if POR was available and it was, called Disney to book and was told it was full, no rooms to be had. The operator told me sometimes a resort comes up as open, but is really booked, whatever that means. The operator told me to keep calling back to see if I could switch as people do cancel. My question is, has anyone ever called to switch resorts and got their first choice???

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: switching resort reservation?

Yes! Keep calling. People cancel all the time, including the day of travel.

Did you try to book on-line or just by phone? You might check with some travel agents, as well. Others on the forum, have specific companies they prefer. Hope they jump in, with those names.

Think Magical Thoughts!

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: switching resort reservation?

When I was trying to book availability online it seemed to change all the time. I to found availability on line and called immediately only to be told POR was not available (I went with CB instead). Seems as though things change all the time, I think some of it is cancellations but I also think that they review bookings and may open up more rooms for certain packages and dicounts based on what level they are at. Im going in just two weeks but still looking at possibly upgrading to a Deluxe resort if one becomes available. Same with dinning I'm still hoping to get into Chef Mickey's. It doesn't hurt to try and so far every experience I have had with Disney reps on the phone has been excellent, they will try to help you to the fullest.

NC
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: switching resort reservation?

Thanks all, I think I will keep calling to see if I can get my first choice of POR, I am sure no matter what, we will have a good time, I am just grateful to be going to Disney!

4. Re: switching resort reservation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 18:19