We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute questions

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
last minute questions

Hey

I (we) am leaving for Orlando in 8 days, and I am trying to organise myself.

I see the weather is in early twenties, is this set to continue, or will I need clothes for all kind of weather, will I need to pack sun screen.

I am looking to buy a good digital camera, can anyone recommend where I can buy one.

Also Im planning to take a trip to the shops, does anyone know what the UK/Ireland Clothes sizes 4 the U.S.

We have planned to go to Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Gatorland, and the Waterpark (Aqua) and maybe go to the beach on one of days, depending on the weather, where can I book excursions in the hotel or is there tourist boards around international drive.

Is there anything that is a must... only there for 9 days so want to make the most of it.

Sorry just thought of something, I saw on a website that you can backstage passes for some of the shows.. Believe for eg. How do I go about in booking it...

Thanks to you all for all your help, in helping plan our trip!

Pls PM me

Emer26

Ireland
Level Contributor
716 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute questions

I would bring a light cardigan, and maybe a couple of 3/4 lengths.

As for the digital camera i think BestBuy is the best its 5 mins from the Florida Mall but there electronics are great we bought cameras and cameracorders there last year saved a fortune to back home.

I would def check around for the park tickets check with your rep too but just be careful buying these.

As for the backstage passes im not so sure i think ur better off emailing them and DO book in advance to save disappointment.

Tinkerbell0301

oh and have a great time :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute questions

Look at this website closer to the time for the ten day forcast:

weather.com/outlook/…

Always take sunscreen, although you can buy it there.

Look at digital cameras here, and get and idea of what you want and what it costs here. then look at BestBuy.com and Walmart.com to see US prices. Buy one from them or from Ritz Camera. Under no circumstances what so ever should you go into a camera or electronics store on IDrive.

I personally don't think Gatorland is very good, but if you are happy to go, you'll be in good company as others like it. why no Disney parks or universal parks? Have you done them all already?

If you dan't have a car, you will need a tour op to get you to the beach, try Gatortours.

UK size 4 will be a very small US size 0-2. Try the Juniors depts of stores.

London, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute questions

Take a look at the camera shops on International drive, We bought a touchscreen digital camera with loads of extra's when we were there in sep07 at a bargain price, Once home we looked it up and all inc we got it about £250's cheaper, but now with the exchange rate i'm not sure. Wendy x

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: last minute questions

I respectfully disagree with the last poster... Do not buy electronics from any shops on I-drive, they're notorious for ripping people off, over-pricing and giving merchandise that is not name brand with little warranty. Instead, only buy electronics from reputable dealers such as Best Buy, Walmart, Target etc.

Weather - the rest of this month seems to be mid 70's daytime and 40's-60's at night. Pack layers. I am very pale and still find I do not need sunscreen in this weather, although my skin may be used to it as I've lived here 10 years (I rarely tan, I go red then white again). You may want sunscreen on your water park days and for daytimes you can use a moisturizer on your face with a factor 15. I don't think you'll need anything more than a 15 in this weather.

Clothes shopping is tricky. UK size 8 is about US size 2. But it depends on where you're shopping.

Avoid the tourist boards and info desks around I-drive or in hotel lobbys. They're normally trying to sell you discount tickets in exchange for timeshare tours. They're called OPC's (off property consultants) and the goal is to sell timeshares, not help tourists.

I just went to Gatorland this past Saturday, and had fun. It's very interesting, but you'll be done after 4 hours so plan a half day. You can get a good combo ticket (flex ticket) for Seaworld, Busch, Universal, IoA, Aqua, Wet n Wild and Gatorland I believe.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last minute questions

I dont know if you have a Dixons in the duty free area of the airport your flying from but as most of the older posters on here know last April I was looking to buy a Waterproof Digital Camera so i could take it on all the wet rides and water flutes .

Well after searching the web and taking advice from our American friends I was going to buy at Staples or Best buy in Orlando ,but surprise surprise the same camera was cheaper in Dixons at Gatwick and of course it makes taking it back easier if it has problems which it never did.

Steer clear of Walmart as here old cameras not the latest models ,do not under any circumstances buy from any camera shop along IDrive or the 192 there again old models or imports and taking them back is a nitemare ,good luck in your choice.

pa
Level Contributor
54,412 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: last minute questions

For tours

www.gatortours.com

For Multi Park Tickets

www.undercovertourist.com

7. Re: last minute questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:19