We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

hi anyone used this hotel?,for the price it seems perfect for what i want,n

ear wet and wild,universal etc.....just a few things id like to know.

1..whats the breakfast consist off

2..is it safe area

3...do you have to pay resort fee and safe hire?

4..how much do they charge for transport to parks?

im deciding between this and travelode as when in florida nov i only used my room to sleep,i was never in so i dont want to pay a fortune for a room,i was lookig at metropolitan express but you have to hire a fridge and microwave which puts $30 a day on the price

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

anyone?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

it's right across from wet n wild, behind the walgreens

they have a breakfast menu in the cafe and serve pretty much everything

it's on north i-drive, I'd give it a 4 out of 10 on a tourism safety scale

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

so thats not very safe then?would that also apply to travelodge?which is up near trolley stop 7

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

it's better to try to stay south of Sand Lake Rd

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

I stayed in the Continental Plaza the year before last & found it absolutely fine, but everyone has different ideas what fine is, I gave it 4 out of 5 in my review, but other people from the UK either gave it the same or some lower. It's very "Latin" with a lot of Hispanic guests but we were made to feel very welcome. To answer your questions:

1. Waffles, toast, cereals, cofee, orange juice.

2.We had no issues at all.

3.No

4.It's free.

This was my review "Basic, but perfectly adequate. Very friendly reception staff & when checking out no hidden charges like other hotels I have stayed in on Int Drive. You get what you pay for so don't expect the Ritz for this price but is fine for use as a base for the surrounding amenities, you really couldnt ask for a better location.. The free breakfasts can get a little busy but we just used it when we were up pretty early for the theme parks - then it was ideal. The pool is not very good but with Wet & Wild just across the road it's no problem, also Universal is just a 15-20 minute walk aswell. Room was kept clean, I really wouldnt hesitate to return here"

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

thank you simmy67 for that,very helpfull

glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

hi i havent been yet but just booked this hotel last week for august 2010 and was also having the same dilemma, we went with this one as it was the cheapest but to be honest if its luxury your looking for go to the travel lodge. but if its just a basic bed in a ok location then this is just as good. hope this helps you. when are you going on your trip i cant wait for mine and its 11 months away!!

Chesterfield...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

I stayed here in July this year. It is a great hotel. The breakfast was good. There are plenty of places to eat near by. Good location. I felt safe here. Went with my husband and 2 boys aged 16 and 10. Had a great time.

9. Re: continental plaza i.drive....anyone stayed there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 05:26