We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

allstar resorts at Disney

Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
allstar resorts at Disney

Has anyone stayed recently at the AllStar resorts at Disney.Since we are never in our room much just wondered if they were nice.

thanks for any imput

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: allstar resorts at Disney

I stayed at All Star Music back in 2003. I like the value resorts for what they are. Nothing fancy, not a ton of space, but you are on Disney property (which I'll always favor unless it's free) and clean. If you have young kids they'll love the over-sized figures at the resort. The All Star Movies has been catching my eye lately as a fun one to stay at because it has all the Disney movies. Pop Century is a good value if you don't have a car because it doesn't share bus service where the All Stars all do.

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: allstar resorts at Disney

Stayed at All Star Movies in April '05. We loved it. I would have stayed again for our upcoming trip, but the rest of the family wanted to try a moderate resort. Port Orleans French Quarter.

I have stayed off-site at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort in a 2 bedroom condo (Dec. '07) and STILL preferred the All Star Movies Resort. Although it is only a 2 star resort, it is still magical. On-site is the way to go, especially with small children. All Star Movies is whimsical with it's 3 story Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Dalmatians. My kids want to go by for a quick visit and see the resort when we go back to WDW in a few weeks. Regarding the buses: yes, the All-Star Resorts share their buses, but this didn't seem to be a problem for us. All-Star Movies is the last picked up and the last dropped off, but we always had a seat and the buses never seemed crowded. The resorts are all side by side, so you don't really lose much time at the bus stops. We found the resort to be clean, fun, well-themed, plenty of activities, large food court, good facilities, the rooms are a bit small--but like you, I really only think of my accomodations as a place to shower and sleep. As long as it's clean, I'm happy. I don't need a lot of frills. The value resorts don't have the frills, but they do have fun. For example, great pool areas, but no waterslides. The Moderate resorts have waterslides. A small difference, really. Check out allears.net. Their site has photos and fact sheets for each resort, including resort maps and reviews. I learned alot about our resort by visiting the allears site.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
842 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: allstar resorts at Disney

We stayed at all satr music in December 2008. The rooms were clean and well furnished. Our room had two queen beds, a wardrobe / dressing area and a table and chairs. The pools were great and having a food court on site was handy if you didn't feel like a sit down meal at the end of a long day. The only downside was that some of the rooms were a long walk from reception / bus drop off and there were no under cover walk ways - so when it rained we got drowned.... We always got on a bus straight from the parks and they were never too crowded. Definitely good value for money.

Dickson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
889 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: allstar resorts at Disney

Can't beat any of the AllStars resorts for the money. Staying on Disney property enhances your Disney vacation experience more than you can imagine, even at the value resorts. You may miss having a VCR or Microwave in your room, but as you stated, your not in the room that much, and when you realize the simplicity of visiting the parks with the complimentary Disney transportation, you will stay in your room even less than expected! I feel staying on property will allow the average guest to do as much Disney in 4 days that off property guests will need 5 or more days to experience. But don't shorten your trip, just enjoy more Disney.

5. Re: allstar resorts at Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 06:20