We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calabay park or highlands reserve?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
calabay park or highlands reserve?

Any info on either villa locations help needed.

thanks

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: calabay park or highlands reserve?

Calabay park and highlands reserve, both are on the US27 about 5min drive from the I4.

Depending where the villa is on the Highland reserve you might be able to walk to the shops or it will be 4-5 min drive.

Its a nice estate, well established,but large, sorry can't help with calaby park but thats only 2 min further along the road.

The area is Davenport good commuting to the Parks also Haines City is a short Drive further along.

All the best.

Joe

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: calabay park or highlands reserve?

Highlands reserve as far as I know, was built some years ago!

What I mean by this is that the homes are Nice, Clean and large, but they are old. Relatives of mine stayed there in 2006 and their home was beautiful (6 bed home), but as you entered you were met by an old dusty smell.

The complex is great, there is a restaurant, Gamesroom and a small bar in the pool house!! Not many places have bars so if you like the odd bevvy its handy!!

And the golf course if spread around the whole area.....you could have golfers on your back yard playing away while you sun yourself!!

UK & Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: calabay park or highlands reserve?

Hi Madhouse

I think you might be getting a bit confused. There is Highlands Reserve which is on the Golf Course and has all private villas; then there is Regal Palms at Highlands Reserve which has villas and townhouses and is alongside of Highlands Reserve. Regal Palms has the clubhouse, lazy river, etc. etc. you can walk to Publix, Applebees, etc. easily from there.

Calabay Park is a slightly newer estate, but that doesn't mean that the others are old .... oldest house was built 8 years ago.

UK & Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: calabay park or highlands reserve?

Sorry - my post above was for Littlelyn. You must have been unlucky if you had a musty house, but there are various standards of homes there and it depends who manages them as to how they are kept.

5. Re: calabay park or highlands reserve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 16:19