We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eyedrops on plane

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham U.k.
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
eyedrops on plane

has anyone had experience of travelling with eyedrops that must be kept refridgerated? we will be about 16 hours door to door and I'm wondering about will they have to go in hold or carry on and would a small ice pack be allowed.Its only a very small plastic dropper container. Any advice appreciated as we travel on Monday-yippeee!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,735 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eyedrops on plane

Call your airline and ask if they can accomodate you and they can also tell you what's allowed to be in "carry on" and what's not.

Windsor UK
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eyedrops on plane

This comes from the BA website

We advise you to carry the medication you may need during the flight in your hand baggage.

We cannot refrigerate medication for you. If your medicines need to be kept cool, a cool bag or vacuum flask may be appropriate or you should discuss options with your pharmacist.

You don't say what airline you are using but its probably similar to BA policy.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eyedrops on plane

LOL i read that as evesdrops on plane...thought i was in for some juicy gossip then!!!!!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: eyedrops on plane

You need a Frio pack. My BIL uses one for insulin and they make an eye drop one too.

http://www.friouk.com/buy/Eye%20Drop%20Wallet

Have fun.

Birmingham U.k.
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eyedrops on plane

thanks to all replies-after all advice I rang Virgin and --I purchased a Frio bag half an hour ago! Cheers Cheshire cat-as one born and bred in Chester I knew I could trust a fellow Cestrian!By the way, do people still meet under the Foregate St. clock?In my misspent youth many a date started off there!

London
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eyedrops on plane

I already have a Frio bag for hubby's eye medicines. They're great, easy to use and cause no problems in your hand luggage.

7. Re: eyedrops on plane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 16:20