We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

CUMBRIA
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

I am wondering has anyone ever stayed at the solan resort we have booked through flights2florida a five bedroomed villa and was wondering if they are nice and how far is it from magic kingdom etc . thanks

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

Haven't stayed there myself, but do know a little about the area. It is located appx. 2 miles north of the I4 on highway 27; a 13-15 minute drive from Disney.

Hope that helps!

A

shropshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

ive just booked with flights2florida r they any good?? thanx leighj

CUMBRIA
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

Havent been yet - go in november - have just received my final balance letter from flights2florida - so far so good - when do you go - i will let you know how they faired after november if you are going after me.

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

Hi

We were at the Solana Resort in October. Its a gated community so you need a pass code to get in.

www.solana-resort.com/solana_resort.htm

It on the US27 about 4 miles from the I4 eastbound.

We loved it, has a club house with pool and internet access, it only sells soft drinks, if you have your own laptop its free otherwise you have a charge for usage, so make sure you have credit card.

Shops are about a 5 minute drive, large Publix, carry out food outlets and other shops. They were also building a petrol station when we visited.

We used the US27 to go to all the theme parks, found it quicker than the 192 which has lot of traffic lights but that is our choice.

You have the Cracker barrel restaurant within a 5 min drive heading towards the I4, then at Champions Gate, Chillies, my son recommends the ribs & steak combo.

The Solana is a good base to visit all the theme parks, disney is about 25 mins but that would depend on traffic you are only about 50 minutes from Busch Garden if plan to visit.

Anything else you need ping back

All the best.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

Hi there we stayed at solana resort 2 years ago and we all thought that the villa was lovely and the resort itself was good, they have a clubhouse that has a gym and a pool and jacuzzi as well as play area for kids not that we used much of it as we were at parks all day, the resort is also a gated resort with security on until late and after a certain time you then have to use the keypad at gate to enter resort, i think the code gets given to you buy the people you booked villa with. There is a publix and a walmart just down the road from resort and a few restaurants and fast food places, i thought it took longer than 15 mins to get to mk but i could be wrong. Enjoy your holiday.

Stubhoy

6. Re: Has anyone please stayed at the Solana Resort ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 05:17