We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Pacific - Is it worth it?

US
Level Contributor
271 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Pacific - Is it worth it?

I am trying to decide whether or not it is worth paying triple the going hotel rate for the Royal Pacific in order to get the Express Pass. We would only stay one night in order to spend two days in the parks. We would spend any additional nights in Orlando in another hotel, so there is also the inconvenience of changing hotels mid-trip. We would be staying in mid-March. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Pacific - Is it worth it?

Personally i love the royal pacific hotel and its my favourite out of all the hotels i have stayed in, in USA. However it depends what your looking for, the close proximity of the hotel is great and access passes are good, however you use your room key - you are not given a pass.

You can buy express passes at universal for one park i think its around $30-$50 dollars per person per park, so it would depend if this was working out cheaper than the hotel (the bought express passes allow one ride per pass on the most popular attractions)

At Studios if you are there early you could get away with queuing for rides as they wouldnt be too long, but at Islands of Adventure an express pass is a must!

Hope this helps!

Illinois
Level Contributor
201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Pacific - Is it worth it?

We have done Universal both ways. The first time we stayed at Royal Pacific and the second time we stayed off site. The hotel gounds/pool were great and it was wonderful jumping on the boat to go to the parks. The room itself was not special. However, we could use our room key and get to the front of the lines as many times as we wanted. The second time we stayed off site. We opted not to buy the express pass because it was pricey the date we went and you could only use it once for each ride. We knew there were specific rides we wanted to ride several times and other rides we didn't care to do again. We found that the lines at Universal seem to move slow. Spent much of the day waiting in line for our favorite rides. We decided then that if we ever came back again we would spring for the hotel benefit. Yes, you pay quite a bit more but you also will get to experience so much more especially if time is limited.

3. Re: Royal Pacific - Is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 12:23