We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insurance for medical conditions

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
insurance for medical conditions

does anyone know of aninsurance company which covers heart conditions for over 65,s.have phoned several companys with no luck.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: insurance for medical conditions

I would ask the doctor as he must have had patients who traveled before and maybe look at Saga insurance. Someone offers this I know as I have seen it covered in the Telegraph travel pages but don't remember.

Maybe you can go to the telegraph website and do a search?

england
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: insurance for medical conditions

Have you tried Club Direct (UK) Ltd, 0870 8902842.

They may give you a quote although it will not necessarily cover any claim arising from the heart condition mentioned.

Some companies will not quote at all as soon as any pre existing condition is mentioned.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: insurance for medical conditions

Daga do cover these conditions and the prices are not prohibitive.

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
824 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: insurance for medical conditions

Hi reenoz

My mother-in-law has a heart problem, she uses age concern. They are quite expensive, she has only had insurance for Europe.She is also over 70, they do, do the USA but how much it cost I have no idea.

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: insurance for medical conditions

Try go insurance. We were given their name from a medical forum and they covered my daughter who is diabetic and where not much more expensive than any other insurer

ireland
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: insurance for medical conditions

hi, we have a young son with a heart condition which causes him to pass out and have dizzy spells, and have used viasure insurance to cover him. they just asked for a report from his doctor and once they had received this they were more than comfortable.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: insurance for medical conditions

If you look at moneysupermarket.com they have a list of insurers who cover pre-existing medical conditions:

moneysupermarket.com/c/…

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: insurance for medical conditions

thanks all,just waiting for saga to phone me back with a quote.didnt know it was going to be such a problem,their must be thousands of travellers with medical conditions who would like the right cover,most of them just did not want to know.

coventry
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: insurance for medical conditions

hi there have you tryed medicitravel.com i have been told they are very good

regards

mistysam

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
381 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: insurance for medical conditions

You could give Karma insurance a try as their standard insurance is up to 69. You would have to go through medical screening but could be worth a try for a quote.

http://www.karmainsurance.com/