We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney's Boardwalk

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disney's Boardwalk

Is it worth it, and what time do the restaurants close?

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney's Boardwalk

I would only go there if you are having dinner somewhere. There really isn't alot to see as far as shops etc. ESPN is good for wings, Beaches and Cream good ice cream, Cape May Cafe is supposed to be really good...haven't been yet.

Level Contributor
54,577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney's Boardwalk

It's quite lovely to have Dinner and take a stroll. Restaurant hours can vary

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,187 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney's Boardwalk

Compared to the Downtown Disney area, the Boardwalk is much smaller and not nearly as interesting. However, if you are in the area, it's worth a stroll around just to see everything.

If you have the time, take a ride on one of the shuttle boats that goes back and forth from there to Epcot to Hollywood Studios just for a glipse of the entire area.

My favorite thing is to go get an ice cream over at Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club resort.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney's Boardwalk

The Boardwalk is nice when the street entertainers are there. I believe they are out most weekend nights, and most weekday nights, but I have been there during the week in colder, slower periods (like weeknights in January or February) when they were out only on selected nights.

I really enjoy that area at night (daytime is dead). A stroll around the lake is pretty, and as others have said, you can see parts of the Epcot fireworks from certain spots around the lake. It's not an exciting "must do," but is enjoyable if it fits your schedule for a non-park night, or for a stroll after Epcot closes (or on a night the Studios close early).

5. Re: Disney's Boardwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:16