We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for good resturaunts..

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for good resturaunts..

Here's the deal: we are staying off site in Winter Garden which seems to be a 10-20 jaunt from Disney World. We will be having breakfast at the hotel (its included) and one character dinner (the park fare one). I am looking for resturaunts that are good for kids, are unique (avoiding the typical applebees, outback etc) and of course have good food. I am hoping to get these outside of the parks since I am not planning on spending all of our vacation there (gasp!). I appreciate any comments!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,060 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

Have you considered Rainforest Cafe or the new T-Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney.

There's also a location of Rainforest Cafe just outside the entrance to Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park gates.

Many of the themed restaurants have gone under in the bad economy of the last few years, so there's not as many as there used to be.

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

doesn't meet with the off site part but san agelos in the mexiacn part of epcot is one of our favs as has a little ride past it that the kids can go on. and then the plaza that they can go and look round (but they are teens not sure what ages your are) while hubby and I get to sit and relax after dinner. Another place worth a look is the Gaylordpalms hotel it has several themed resturants, all of which are quite good (but pricey). One is on a boat set on a pier. The other is set in the outback with real croc in the streams which surround it. The 3rd (usualy buffet at least it is on in peak days xmas, easter, 4thjuly ect when we go)is amexican/spanish plaza.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

I don't know of any themed restaurants in Winter Garden. It is a residential area in western Orange County. As far as food goes, Mimi's is pretty good in the Winter Garden Village. It is a chain, but not a very big one. There are several smaller restaurants in the downtown section of Winter Garden which is north of highway 50 and between Plant Street and Park Avenue. You can probably get a map on Google or Mapquest.

The kids might like Cafe TuTu Tangos on International Drive which is about a 20 minute drive from Winter Garden. I hope this helps some, but if we can get more specifics on food types maybe we can help more.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

We like Columbia (Cuban) and Cafe D'antonio in Celebration. Celebration is a fun place for the kids. Both restaurants are family friendly. You can eat outside looking at the lake.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,945 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

I like Fulton's in Downtown Disney, set in an old loking paddle steamer. And also Bahama Breeze in Lake Buena Vista or Idrive.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

Sorry. I screwed-up about my streets. The old downtown Winter Garden area is on Plant Street between Park and Dillard. Too much coffee this morning LOL

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

Would second T-Rex and Rainforest both unique and fun for kids.

Also would agree Mimi's is a good place for kids. Great comfort food and the meals all come with speciality breads, banana or carrot etc.

Joe's Crab Shack on 535 in LBV is great for kids.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,945 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

Yeah, Joe's has a nice play area just outside. And the waiters sing and dance occasionally. My kids liked it

newcastle/durham
Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

planet hollywood at downtown disney and hard rock cafe would get my vote if you want somewhere the kids will enjoy. opinions on the food are mixed here; some think its overpriced but my family and I love the food at both, especially the desserts! we go back year after year. hope this helps

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for good resturaunts..

Thanks for the Ideas! We will be renting a car so no worries on the distance. I am specifically looking for a good cuban rest., and a couple of good local places. Thank you for all replies!