We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parks and purses

T.Bay
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parks and purses

What is the smartest and safest method of carrying money, fast passes, etc to keep it dry and secure (handsfree for rides).

pa
Level Contributor
54,090 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parks and purses

A BumBag/fannypack or Backpack and an extra Large Plasic Bag ( we like Zip-Lock Bags ) to put everything in when on a Water/Get Soaked Ride :0

No Purses

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,066 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parks and purses

Pockets......wear jeans, the pockets are tight enough to hold money & credit card one side and ticket on the other side.....no purses, be hands free all day !!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,121 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parks and purses

I use a bum bag/fanny pack on every visit as well. Since I'm usually carrying more than just money, it's very convenient.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parks and purses

Just don't do what I just did. I went out to get a practical bag for disney and came home with a very unpractical bag, that I just love.

I am going to steal the big ziplock bag idea for the water rides. I will put my new favorite purse in that for the rides.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,091 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parks and purses

I use a small purse inside a backpack-don't need all the things I normally carry in my purse so a little one is fine and then I carry sunblock,camera,water bottle and sweater in with the purse inside my backpack.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parks and purses

disneyfan- shhhh....I really want to bring this new purse and all of that can not fit in it.

I might be out shopping again.

Calgary
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parks and purses

I brought a tiny side/sling style purse. Just enough to fit a few cards, chapstick, some cash and a comb. I never had to take it off on ANY of the disney rides but I did in Universal (which was no problem as they had the lockers handy near by)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parks and purses

You cannot beat a fannypack for simplicity. Not only can you wear it around your waist - you can also sling it over a shoulder for that 'casual' look, or whirl it around your head if you are being threatened. I have often gone 'hands free' and have suffered no ill consequences as a result although it did once hit an unfortunate elderly woman in a wheelchair.

Some people decry the fashion statement a fannypack makes - all I can say in defence is 'Crocs'.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parks and purses

I'm a person who likes her stuff. A fannypack/bumbag won't work for me. I got a sling type bag and I really like it. I separate all of the "stuff" into separate ziplocs, one for tickets and money, one for snacks, one for cell phone, one for the camera, etc. The lip balm, sunscreen, hair stuff, etc. have to fend for themselves. I've also packed along a plastic produce bag and put my bag in it on the really wet rides.

I like the sling because you can swing it around to the front to access your tickets, cell, camera, etc. without taking it off. It's great for other kinds of travel too because wearing it in front deters pickpockets.

Jennifer

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parks and purses

A whirling fannypack also deters pickpockets Jennifer...plus it can create a cooling breeze when the weather is hot.